Mirrors in dreams: Have you ever tried to look at yourself in them?

Thanks for sharing your dream Rose. As I read it I thought your maybe the fair was a metaphor for your earthly life. The evil chasing you could be the challenges and hardships you will face. The hall of mirrors showing the many facets of your life and personality so that you can make changes before crossing the river of life to physical death. Idk if your dad has already passed but I see him as letting you know he will be there to help you across when it’s your time to go.

Thanks for sharing your dream Rose. As I read it I thought your maybe the fair was a metaphor for your earthly life. The evil chasing you could be the challenges and hardships you will face. The hall of mirrors showing the many facets of your life and personality so that you can make changes before crossing the river of life to physical death. Idk if your dad has already passed but I see him as letting you know he will be there to help you across when it’s your time to go.
Thanks for that analysis, Lynne. It does seem to make quite a bit of sense when you look at it like that. The only weird thing is that I would only have been about 5 or 6 years old when I dreamed it. It seems like a very mature dream to have if it's a metaphor for all that.

Dad is still with us too, so not sure if the living can project such things into dreams...? I suppose anything's possible! :D

I began believing everything was connected somehow. People...places...events, etc. When i was young i often had dreams that were WAY to sophisticated for my age. Kinda posted this in the reincarnation thread. I believe we all come back together somehow or someway. Perhaps the river in your dream was a faint recall of a point between. I may be reaching, but as i get older, things do seem to 'fit together better' when put into a certain perspective.

I began believing everything was connected somehow. People...places...events, etc. When i was young i often had dreams that were WAY to sophisticated for my age. Kinda posted this in the reincarnation thread. I believe we all come back together somehow or someway. Perhaps the river in your dream was a faint recall of a point between. I may be reaching, but as i get older, things do seem to 'fit together better' when put into a certain perspective.

Interesting you should mention the river as a faint recall of a connecting point or "point between", as you put it.

I have a recurring dream now as well, which I've had for years, about a path that leads off up a mountain. The path always starts in a town or city (i.e. somewhere I don't want to be) and takes me up and out of it and very quickly into the wilderness (where I do want to be). So the path "rescues" me from one existence and takes me to another, happier one.

It also feels strongly as if I've been there in real life, or that I'm meant to be there, or that I've been there in a past life. But, try as I might, when I wake up, I have no idea how to find it. I've even gone as far as to pore over maps in an effort to locate this magical place, but to no avail. That's how real it feels. And the feeling lingers for days...

The river almost feels like the path.

We have digressed from mirrors! Lol.

The few dreams that linger in my mind long after are the ones i think are showing something. Maybe there is a rational explanation, but some are far too real to be some random thought process. People, places...far too much detail to dismiss. Mine are always of people i do not know...but i do know them. I mentioned one while back about when i was little kid, i had a dream i was in Australia. I was a pier looking at opera house. There was a little kid around my age at time asking me to come into the water. I was not good at swimming then and was very hesitant. After the kid reassured me, i climbed down into the water, still holding onto the bulkhead. As we waded in the water and talked, a loud horn blew. We both turned and looked at a huge freighter leaving the harbor. I distinctly remember the flag waving on the very top of the bridge. It was the Australian flag. I guess i could've seen it before, who knows. But quite vivid nonetheless.

For me it's not people, it's animals, places and my old house (another recurrent dream!). But yes, the details, the familiarity, the certainty in your bones that you've been there before...it's all very strange!

For some time now I have been more and more aware of the surroundings in my dreams, it feels like I'm starting to be more active and decisive. They are like flashes of lucid dreaming. For the first time I saw myself in the big mirror a few days ago and it was a scary thing, because I was standing in an unnaturally bent position, like some character from a movie about demonic possession, but my dream was not a nightmare at all.
I felt that I decided to look, it wasn't like a mechanical reflex during dreaming. I wonder if I always look like this, I hope not...:frowning:

I hope photo won't offend anyone. Very similar pose like this one:

uETLbLP.jpg

For some time now I have been more and more aware of the surroundings in my dreams, it feels like I'm starting to be more active and decisive. They are like flashes of lucid dreaming. For the first time I saw myself in the big mirror a few days ago and it was a scary thing, because I was standing in an unnaturally bent position, like some character from a movie about demonic possession, but my dream was not a nightmare at all.
I felt that I decided to look, it wasn't like a mechanical reflex during dreaming. I wonder if I always look like this, I hope not...:frowning:

I hope photo won't offend anyone. Very similar pose like this one:

uETLbLP.jpg
Welcome to the forum Noir, that must have been a disturbing dream, nightmare or not.

Reactions: Selectric
Thank you. Actually not really, I had worse visions. Much more disturbing are dreams about my phobia, as scary as in the real world, but probably may seem silly from the perspective of the other people. Because, who in the Earth is afraid of hot air balloons?

Thank you. Actually not really, I had worse visions. Much more disturbing are dreams about my phobia, as scary as in the real world, but probably may seem silly from the perspective of the other people. Because, who in the Earth is afraid of hot air balloons?
Ah me lol. I always wanted to go up in one when I was younger until a crash killed 11 people in New Zealand. They scare me now. I understand your phobia could come out in dreams. I used to be petrified of driving a car when I was a kid and had several dreams about being behind the wheel by myself.