Homeland Security media database

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Homeland Security to compile database of journalists and 'media influencers'

Homeland Security to compile database of journalists and ‘media influencers’

The Department of Homeland Security wants to track the comings and going of journalists, bloggers and other “media influencers” through a database.

The DHS’s “Media Monitoring” plan, which was first reported by FedBizOpps.gov, would give the contracting company “24/7 access to a password protected, media influencer database, including journalists, editors, correspondents, social media influencers, bloggers etc.” in order to “identify any and all media coverage related to the Department of Homeland Security or a particular event.”

The database would be designed to monitor the public activities of media members and influencers by “location, beat and influencers,” the document says.

The chosen contractor should be able to “present contact details and any other information that could be relevant including publications this influencer writes for, and an overview of the previous coverage published by the influencer.”

The request comes amid concerns regarding accuracy in media and the potential for U.S. elections and policy to be influenced via “fake news.”

The plan calls for the ability to track 290,000 news sources including online, print, broadcast and social media. Also, it would have the ability to track media coverage in over 100 languages, along with the “ability to create unlimited data tracking, statistical breakdown, and graphical analyses on ad-hoc basis.”

NobleHouse You may turn your fire on for this one.

And thus it begins!:mad: Next it will be a data base of paranormal believers. Or perhaps Wiccans, Witches, Catholics, Mormons, Protestants or even Atheists. Or whatever group is out of favor with our Government. Sadly, 1984 is alive and well my friends.

When this was all first proposed many years ago, I told anyone that would listen (not too many unfortunately), that we would all live to FEAR the name "Homeland Security". I know too well many who run/work in this agency....

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
And thus it begins!:mad: Next it will be a data base of paranormal believers. Or perhaps Wiccans, Witches, Catholics, Mormons, Protestants or even Atheists. Or whatever group is out of favor with our Government. Sadly, 1984 is alive and well my friends.

When this was all first proposed many years ago, I told anyone that would listen (not too many unfortunately), that we would all live to FEAR the name "Homeland Security". I know too well many who run/work in this agency....
I hear you , Noble, and you know what I think? I think that database is already done. They're just letting us get used to the idea now.

Reactions: NobleHouse
I hear you , Noble, and you know what I think? I think that database is already done. They're just letting us get used to the idea now.

Oh, you are most definitely accurate. There are already so many databases (I have seen more than I probably should), and more are being compiled daily. Just the information they have on everybody's drivers licenses/I.D. cards is astounding. And then there is all the Social Media sites..... There is almost NO privacy anymore...

Reactions: Charleh and Debi
Oh, you are most definitely accurate. There are already so many databases (I have seen more than I probably should), and more are being compiled daily. Just the information they have on everybody's drivers licenses/I.D. cards is astounding. And then there is all the Social Media sites..... There is almost NO privacy anymore...
Also saw it doesn't matter if you were on FB or not. They also scanned people NOT on FB somehow. Not sure if that was FB or Google, but if you are online, they most likely have stuff on you.

Reactions: NobleHouse
And they already have train cars designed to send us to camps. Hopefully we run off before they move in on us.

Why would they send us to camps? Much better to have a misinformed and zombie-like population to continue to make money and run the machine..

Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Homeland Security to compile database of journalists and 'media influencers'

The Department of Homeland Security wants to track the comings and going of journalists, bloggers and other “media influencers” through a database.

The request comes amid concerns regarding accuracy in media and the potential for U.S. elections and policy to be influenced via “fake news.”

The plan calls for the ability to track 290,000 news sources including online, print, broadcast and social media. Also, it would have the ability to track media coverage in over 100 languages, along with the “ability to create unlimited data tracking, statistical breakdown, and graphical analyses on ad-hoc basis.”

Bloggers, media influencers,...fake news.......social media.....ad hoc basis..........
So, sounds like any site with a conspiracy theory section or discussion will be monitored, and the participants will be labeled influencers,,,, wonder how long till the label changes to instigator and then to enemy of the state....
Ad hoc basis is also saying the rules can be changed on the fly....they will make up the rules and "laws" as they go.....
Treading in dangerous waters folks....we are seeing the complete loss of freedom of speech right before our eyes.
Controlling the internet, monitoring civilian, citizens blogs, limiting freedom of speech....almost becoming the war lord type scenario we claim to protect other countries from.....guess its true if you stare into the abyss too long, you become the monster you've been fighting......

Last edited:
Reactions: Charleh and Debi
Bloggers, media influencers,...fake news.......social media.....ad hoc basis..........
So, sounds like any site with a conspiracy theory section or discussion will be monitored, and the participants will be labeled influencers,,,, wonder how long till the label changes to instigator and then to enemy of the state....
Ad hoc basis is also saying the rules can be changed on the fly....they will make up the rules and "laws" as they go.....
Treading in dangerous waters folks....we are seeing the complete loss of freedom of speech right before our eyes.
Controlling the internet, monitoring civilian, citizens blogs, limiting freedom of speech....almost becoming the war lord type scenario we claim to protect other countries from.....guess its true if you stare into the abyss too long, you become the monster you've been fighting......
The RCMP and CSIS have been doing this pre-9/11. But I guess the American people seem more aware of their liberties being taken.

Reactions: Paulm