Hash Browns

TonyM

Deactivated Account
Reaction score
Website
monaghan.tv
They have only been available here in recent years and rarely appear as a breakfast item so like others I use them in many different meals.

My US friends are they strictly a breakfast item for you? Oh and corned beef hash doesn't exists here but I enjoyed it in the US.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
hash browns can be eaten with any meal, but there is only one place you should eat hash browns, and that is waffle house.......at 3 am.....lol.....no others even come close.....lol...mmmmmm, scattered, smothered, covered and about a dozen other ways...

I use hashbrowns anytime, any meal. Great with eggs, but you can use them for eveything. They sell them by the bag here or you get the frozen squares for quick fix. I also make them homemade. A quick meal with onion and sausage in them works really well.

I can eat hash browns at any time, though it is usually at breakfast time. My wife will sometimes buy frozen hash browns that are shaped and formed so they look like something you'd get from a drive through window. My kids refer to them as breakfast hash browns. When I make them myself I shred some potatoes and a small onion then add some flour and spices, my kids say these are more like dinner hash browns. They sometime question why I'm making dinner hash browns at breakfast time.

Corned beef hash is awesome, however I hardly ever make it at home anymore. Since having kids, whenever I cook a corned beef there's nothing left over for making hash in the morning.

I'll agree with Palum that Waffle House hash browns are definitely an experience within themselves. Every other restaurant in the US serves plain hash browns but Waffle House kicked it up to a new level by offering over a half dozen toppings from simple such as onions, tomatoes and mushrooms to the more adventurous items like jalapeños and Texas style brown chili. You can even order your hash browns "All the way" where they just smother them with a bit of everything, it ends up being enough food for a meal just by itself!

hash browns can be eaten with any meal, but there is only one place you should eat hash browns, and that is waffle house.......at 3 am.....lol.....no others even come close.....lol...mmmmmm, scattered, smothered, covered and about a dozen other ways...

No waffle houses here or any place open beyond 9pm but sounds intriguing.

Reactions: Paulm
I use hashbrowns anytime, any meal. Great with eggs, but you can use them for eveything. They sell them by the bag here or you get the frozen squares for quick fix. I also make them homemade. A quick meal with onion and sausage in them works really well.

Only frozen here but a real favourite of mine.

Reactions: Debi
I can eat hash browns at any time, though it is usually at breakfast time. My wife will sometimes buy frozen hash browns that are shaped and formed so they look like something you'd get from a drive through window. My kids refer to them as breakfast hash browns. When I make them myself I shred some potatoes and a small onion then add some flour and spices, my kids say these are more like dinner hash browns. They sometime question why I'm making dinner hash browns at breakfast time.

Corned beef hash is awesome, however I hardly ever make it at home anymore. Since having kids, whenever I cook a corned beef there's nothing left over for making hash in the morning.

I'll agree with Palum that Waffle House hash browns are definitely an experience within themselves. Every other restaurant in the US serves plain hash browns but Waffle House kicked it up to a new level by offering over a half dozen toppings from simple such as onions, tomatoes and mushrooms to the more adventurous items like jalapeños and Texas style brown chili. You can even order your hash browns "All the way" where they just smother them with a bit of everything, it ends up being enough food for a meal just by itself!

Interesting, I didn't think of toppings but I'll be giving that a go.

Reactions: Paulm