Flash Memories

GoneWestUtah

Currently Active on planet Earth
Reaction score
I've had more and more flash memories lately, rather like deja-vu except it's much more fleeting and more intense. A sudden awareness that it's 50 years in the past- for just a moment, then suddenly I'm back in 2021.

The last incident happened Saturday. Standing in the upstairs bathroom, about to walk out, suddenly I'm twelve years old and standing in my dad's garage. Then POOF! and I'm back in the upstairs bathroom again. Whole episode lasted just a fraction of a second.

I used to experience these once or twice a year, lately it's been one or two per week. As if I'm hurtling toward some kind of convergence. Or is my "world line" crossing over itself repeatedly, thus the moments of awareness of other times?

As humans living in Newtonian space, we experience time in a linear fashion. There is "before", "now", and "after". We exist in the "now". I've often wondered if beings in other dimensions have similar constraints. Or can a spirit exist in all moments simultaneously? What would it be like on a human mind to experience such a thing, if it's even possible?

Waiting to see how this plays out. Of course it can all easily be psychological brain artifacts. If so, at least it's an entertaining disease... ;)

Last edited:
I've often wondered if beings in other dimensions have similar constraints. Or can a spirit exist in all moments simultaneously? What would it be like on a human mind to experience such a thing, if it's even possible?
I believe when you are experiencing something paranormal you are delving into another dimension or at least viewing it.

Sounds like an echo of memories. A memory written in your code. Perhaps the kind of memories you can experiënce of a distance ancestor, the kind that you can pass on to your descendat.

Sounds like an echo of memories. A memory written in your code. Perhaps the kind of memories you can experiënce of a distance ancestor, the kind that you can pass on to your descendat.

These were personal experiences of my own past that simply took me back in time. And echo of my own memories, yes. I'm not much into the DNA code theory and don't see it applying to what this experience was. Simply a flash back in time.

I typically don't recognize any triggers such as music, smell, etc., which makes it more puzzling. I've had those before and they are easily distinguished from this similar, though swifter and more intense experience.

All of my flashbacks are from my own lifetime, times and places I have been present.

So this is actually like a time slip? Not just a memory of being taken back in time correct ? Is this like a vision or are you actually transported to that time? I’m trying to understand what is happening. If I understand this to be a time jump then this would support the non local consciousness theory and if time is happening all at once, it would be possible to jump consciousness to another time. Perhaps even past or future lifetimes.

Correct, Lynne. For an instant, I feel as if I'm actually standing in the past, and then I'm back again. No lost time, it's not a memory or a memory trigger like an odor. It only lasts a fraction of a second. No lights or other special effects. It's as if one or two frames of a movie were replaced with frames from much earlier in the film.

As I said in the original post, while this is very intriguing, I'm not convinced yet that it's not a psychological effect, i.e., "wishful thinking" or somesuch.

Would be fantastic if it's real.

Reactions: ozentity and Lynne