Female Shadow Person

Has anyone ever felt, or had a dream with, or seen in real life a female shadow person?

• Felt only

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Yes in dream

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Real life apparition

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Never had Shadow Person experience

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
Have seen and captured shadow people on video/film during certain investigations in the past.

As with most people commenting, I also agree that there is generally no noted gender associated with this phenomenon. The only indication of a 'gender', is typically through further evidential interaction and/or a personal 'sensing' of a possible gender.

If you can clearly ascertain a potential gender, then you are not seeing a true shadow person.
That is very interesting. I would like to know heat you consider a true shadow figure so I have something to compare my many experiences to

That is very interesting. I would like to know heat you consider a true shadow figure so I have something to compare my many experiences to
I'm sure Titch will share but once again I refer you to Heidi Hollis.

Shadow figures are just that...moving shadows without a lot of form in a place where no shadows should be. In the paranormal, we all must remember we don't have proof of what something is, only that we have experienced it. We can go by histories of a phenomena and experiences, but the best we can do is make some guesses and assumptions as to what these may be.

I'm rather surprised you have had many experiences and haven't much background on these things. Have you just begun to study the paranormal?

Reactions: Lynne
I'm sure Titch will share but once again I refer you to Heidi Hollis.

Shadow figures are just that...moving shadows without a lot of form in a place where no shadows should be. In the paranormal, we all must remember we don't have proof of what something is, only that we have experienced it. We can go by histories of a phenomena and experiences, but the best we can do is make some guesses and assumptions as to what these may be.

I'm rather surprised you have had many experiences and haven't much background on these things. Have you just begun to study the paranormal?
Yeah, I didn't know or even know what to look up until I had an experience myself years ago. I find it interesting the many different encounters described of these entities, so I like to see what kind of interactions and appearances of shadow people others have encountered.

Reactions: ozentity and Lynne

There is not a lot known about the 'shadow people' phenomenon - even less than we actually know about ghosts in general. These comments are my own beliefs and theories.

'Shadow people' are very rarely 'observed' in the traditional sense. They commonly exist only as a glimpse in our peripheral vision - a strange form of blackness, peeking around a doorway or hiding away in a corner. Sometimes, captured by video equipment darting along a corridor at the end of a hallway.

Contrary to belief, these entities have some kind of mass. If they did not, then by the laws of physics, we would not be able to see them. They always commonly appear in humanoid form, with a distinct head, shoulder, arms and torso being reported by those witnessing them. However, they always commonly appear as dark, black figures and there are no distinguishable features ever noted by witnesses to state age or gender.

Since the early days of civilisation, 'black' has always been associated with negativity and this seems to be a common association with 'shadow people'. Documented historical activity, where a 'shadow person' has been involved, has often included both physical and psychological attacks on the living. I do not believe, however, they are associated with the realms of the demonic and exist purely just as a 'negative' entity.

'Shadow people' are noted typically lurking within darkened areas. As they are 'seen' within the dark, I believe that whatever their existence, they absorb light as opposed to refracting it as you get with other visible entities. This supports the theory that these are an existence of some sort of negative matter - opposite to positive matter that makes up other entities. Other theories include the possibility that they are some form of elemental, having never existed on the earth in human form, and are not necessarily 'negative', but more 'mischievous' and just 'messing' with the living.

Whatever these entities actually are, an encounter with a 'shadow person' often leaves one feeling confused and emotional, with an overwhelming sense of sadness. It is often also a frightening experience, with the brain trying to make sense of what has just been encountered.

. They always commonly appear in humanoid form, with a distinct head, shoulder, arms and torso being reported by those witnessing them. However, they always commonly appear as dark, black figures and there are no distinguishable features ever noted by witnesses to state age or gender.
Great write up Titch. but ,this may not be entirely the case, if you include the legend or phenomena of "hat man" in with shadow ppl, then there are cases of them with distinguishable features of being male. top hat or fedora and sometimes a cloak or cape. thoughts? should legends such as this be included in the shadow person phenomena?

Reactions: ozentity and Lynne
Great write up Titch. but ,this may not be entirely the case, if you include the legend or phenomena of "hat man" in with shadow ppl, then there are cases of them with distinguishable features of being male. top hat or fedora and sometimes a cloak or cape. thoughts? should legends such as this be included in the shadow person phenomena?

Great question, Paul.

To me, there is a distinct line between 'shadow people' and the 'hat man'.

'Shadow people' is a 'physical' phenomenon experienced by witnesses. The 'hat man' is a common dream visualisation experienced by many worldwide, often linked to REM and sleep paralysis experiences (people describe these frightening night-time visions that results in paralysing them with fear and seemingly sucking the breath right out of them, often by pressing directly upon their chest - the classic symptoms of sleep paralysis). To me, the 'hat man' comes under the definition of an apparition, whether physical or mentally induced, as features can usually be defined by those who experience 'him'. Many people also report 'him' just standing over them, whilst in bed, looking over them without any movement.

This is not the case with 'shadow people', considering all the accounts documented over many years from paranormal groups and individual investigators. 'Shadow people' act as though they do not want to be observed at all, hence their movements outside of our normal trichromat field of vision, and generally lurking within dark areas and other shadows. There also tends to be other reported activity with noted 'shadow people' at a location. This, generally, is not the case in all documented reports of 'hat man' sightings.

For these reasons, I do not believe that the 'hat man' should be included in the 'shadow people' phenomena. 'He' is a phenomenon in 'his' own right..........

Great question, Paul.

'Shadow people' is a 'physical' phenomenon experienced by witnesses. The 'hat man' is a common dream visualisation experienced by many worldwide, often linked to REM and sleep paralysis experiences (people describe these frightening night-time visions that results in paralysing them with fear and seemingly sucking the breath right out of them, often by pressing directly upon their chest - the classic symptoms of sleep paralysis). To me, the 'hat man' comes under the definition of an apparition, whether physical or mentally induced, as features can usually be defined by those who experience 'him'. Many people also report 'him' just standing over them, whilst in bed, looking over them without any movement.

This is not the case with 'shadow people', considering all the accounts documented over many years from paranormal groups and individual investigators. 'Shadow people' act as though they do not want to be observed at all, hence their movements outside of our normal trichromat field of vision, and generally lurking within dark areas and other shadows. There also tends to be other reported activity with noted 'shadow people' at a location. This, generally, is not the case in all documented reports of 'hat man' sightings.

For these reasons, I do not believe that the 'hat man' should be included in the 'shadow people' phenomena. 'He' is a phenomenon in 'his' own right..........
Both correct and good points , I agree with you guys

Reactions: Paulm
Have seen and captured shadow people on video/film during certain investigations in the past.

As with most people commenting, I also agree that there is generally no noted gender associated with this phenomenon. The only indication of a 'gender', is typically through further evidential interaction and/or a personal 'sensing' of a possible gender.

If you can clearly ascertain a potential gender, then you are not seeing a true shadow person.
Very good point ! It could be a ghost of a person, alien or some other entity. Good analysis !

Reactions: ozentity
Great question, Paul.

Excellent points by the both of you. The hat man has been reported as being physical. Debi has had an experience with him but I’ll let her tell that story if she wants to share. I do believe she has told it here before. Perhaps he is their leader lol. Hats often depict authority or rank.

Reactions: ozentity and Paulm