Favorite Paranornal "Reality" TV Program

Duke

Open-minded critical thinker
Staff
Reaction score
Over the past 15-20 years, the number of paranormal themed reality shows has skyrocketed across multiple channels/networks. What's you favorite, and why? If you have shows you simply can't/won't watch for whatever reason, feel free to discuss them as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman and Debi
Over the past 15-20 years, the number of paranormal themed reality shows has skyrocketed across multiple channels/networks. What's you favorite, and why? If you have shows you simply can't/won't watch for whatever reason, feel free to discuss them as well.
Love the question, Duke.

So, the only one I occasionally watch now is Ghost Adventures, with full knowledge that Zak Bagans is a showman. Sometimes they actually come up with some actual "evidence." I know that Dave Schrader does some work on that show, so I'm hoping he keeps them in the ballpark of reality.

I really have not taken the time to even watch any of the other ones out there. I've had a 5 minute glance at Kindred Spirits, but wasn't overly impressed.

I liked in search of early on. I would have to say I really liked Paranormal state. I also like Dead Files.

Only shows I can get easily here are Ghost Adventures and The Dead Files, I just treat them as entertainment.

Reactions: Lynne
My favorite was what was arguably the first of the genre, "Scariest Place on Earth." That show put real people, usually families, into allegedly haunted facilities/areas and realtime videoed their actions and reactions. The show was unscripted, except for the opening bit where they were told the history of the property. It had a "Blair Witch" feel to it. Linda Blair was the host.

I really enjoy watching "Mountain Monsters," which is actually a parody of these shows. Whoever designs/builds the "traps" to capture the monster du jour missed his calling in life, should have worked for ACME. The "Wild Bill" character is seemingly based on "Boomhauer" from "King of the Hill," he's a real hoot.

Most disappointing are the UFO shows, sadly none of them are worth watching. Worst of the lot is "Hanger 1."

Last edited:
My favorite was what was arguably the first of the genre, "Scariest Place on Earth." That show put real people, usually families, into allegedly haunted facilities/areas and realtime videoed their actions and reactions. The show was unscripted, except for the opening bit where they were told the history of the property. It had a "Blair Witch" feel to it. Linda Blair was the host.

I really enjoy watching "Mountain Monsters," which is actually a parody of these shows. Whoever designs/builds the "traps" to capture the monster du jour missed his calling in life, should have worked for ACME. The "Wild Bill" character is seemingly based on "Boomhauer" from "King of the Hill," he's a real hoot.

Most disappointing are the UFO shows, sadly none of them are worth watching. Worst of the lot is "Hanger 1."

I think one of the episodes of Scariest Place on Earth had a family stay at Chillingham Castle. I drove past it a couple of times travelling through the borders from Edinburgh to Durham but haven't visited yet. It's only a couple of hours drive for me so I'll make a point of heading there.

Reactions: 7Critter

gotta love mountain monsters... they left us hanging though, I want to know what is up with the rogue team and if trapper is deeper involved than what it seems....hmmmm....lol

didn't MTV produce a show like "scariest place on earth" a while back?...(or was that it)...anyways seems like I remember that a few years ago.

Reactions: Duke
gotta love mountain monsters... they left us hanging though, I want to know what is up with the rogue team and if trapper is deeper involved than what it seems....hmmmm....lol

didn't MTV produce a show like "scariest place on earth" a while back?...(or was that it)...anyways seems like I remember that a few years ago.

Yes Paul, that MTV show was called “The Real (Weird) World” and there were a lot of very creepy people on it.

Dead Files is the only one I watch and enjoy. I like to watch Ghost Adventures to see what new tech they are using.
I think they were one of the first to show a SLS camera.