Favorite Paranornal "Reality" TV Program

When you pay for the all night ghost hunt at Mansfield Reformatory, included in the price is a 1am pizza buffet catered by a local pizzeria. The last time I was there, we wound up sharing a table during the buffet with a number of the facility's volunteers and docents. I asked them their take on the professionalism and authenticity of the various TV ghost hunting teams they'd worked with over the years. They spoke in generalities, but for the most part had little good or bad to say about the TV teams that had visited Mansfield.....with one exception. One of the docents said the least credible show was the one where "the young guy kept taking off his shirt." With that, the others starting laughing and nodding in agreement. I think they were talking about "Ghost Adventure."

When you pay for the all night ghost hunt at Mansfield Reformatory, included in the price is a 1am pizza buffet catered by a local pizzeria. The last time I was there, we wound up sharing a table during the buffet with a number of the facility's volunteers and docents. I asked them their take on the professionalism and authenticity of the various TV ghost hunting teams they'd worked with over the years. They spoke in generalities, but for the most part had little good or bad to say about the TV teams that had visited Mansfield.....with one exception. One of the docents said the least credible show was the one where "the young guy kept taking off his shirt." With that, the others starting laughing and nodding in agreement. I think they were talking about "Ghost Adventure."
They serve pizza? I'm in! :p

I forgot about Dead Files. I like Amy and Steve.

Anyone remember an MTV show called Mad Mad House?

Mad Mad House - Wikipedia

It's where Fiona Horne (yes, the witch that fell asleep when George Noory tried to interview her) kind of got her start. Also, David Avocado Wolf was on there. He now runs a highly acclaimed Naturist blog. It wasn't really supernatural, but it was a hoot!

c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

G
Over the past 15-20 years, the number of paranormal themed reality shows has skyrocketed across multiple channels/networks. What's you favorite, and why? If you have shows you simply can't/won't watch for whatever reason, feel free to discuss them as well.

Great Question!!!!!

Yes Paul, that MTV show was called “The Real (Weird) World” and there were a lot of very creepy people on it.

Creepy people plus reality show and I MISSED it?!! I gotta go find it!!! Right up my alley!

I forgot about Dead Files. I like Amy and Steve.

Anyone remember an MTV show called Mad Mad House?

Mad Mad House - Wikipedia

It's where Fiona Horne (yes, the witch that fell asleep when George Noory tried to interview her) kind of got her start. Also, David Avocado Wolf was on there. He now runs a highly acclaimed Naturist blog. It wasn't really supernatural, but it was a hoot!

c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg
I've met David Avocado...listened to him speak.....he looks a lot more conservative in this picture than I remember....very smart guy..........oooooh boy,......gunna watch this!

ghost adventures, the dead files, monsters and mysteries in America....etc....lol.... I watch way too many of them.
I remember when the concept of "reality shows' was first introduced....I thought...yeah...just a way to make cheap about nuthin'. Well......I love 'em..all of 'em...Paranormal ones (don't like the ghost ones much),Mountain man/survival ones and the real Housewives of EVERYWHERE, cooking ones...I LOVES ME SOME REALITY TV...ok I never liked those Bachelor ones and a few others but oh..yeah

Reactions: Paintman
.and Monsters,Cryptids...love 'em![/QUOTE]

Over the past 15-20 years, the number of paranormal themed reality shows has skyrocketed across multiple channels/networks. What's you favorite, and why? If you have shows you simply can't/won't watch for whatever reason, feel free to discuss them as well.

Don't really like the reality shows, so the next closest show would have to be the old "In Search Of" show

u
I've met David Avocado...listened to him speak.....he looks a lot more conservative in this picture than I remember....very smart guy..........oooooh boy,......gunna watch this!

ummmmm....scratch that...the show is TERRIBLE.....I'm pedaling back on my love of all reality shows, SOME, I like SOME

Reactions: Paintman and Debi