Favorite Paranornal "Reality" TV Program

Creepy people plus reality show and I MISSED it?!! I gotta go find it!!! Right up my alley!

I apologize for any confusion I might have created J. I was being facetious with a play on words with MTV’s non-paranormal “The Real World” show on which I thought some of the people and the premise was just creepy.

My favorite was what was arguably the first of the genre, "Scariest Place on Earth." That show put real people, usually families, into allegedly haunted facilities/areas and realtime videoed their actions and reactions. The show was unscripted, except for the opening bit where they were told the history of the property. It had a "Blair Witch" feel to it. Linda Blair was the host.

I really enjoy watching "Mountain Monsters," which is actually a parody of these shows. Whoever designs/builds the "traps" to capture the monster du jour missed his calling in life, should have worked for ACME. The "Wild Bill" character is seemingly based on "Boomhauer" from "King of the Hill," he's a real hoot.

Most disappointing are the UFO shows, sadly none of them are worth watching. Worst of the lot is "Hanger 1."
I had forgotten all about that show. I don’t think it was on long right? An interesting way to do it. They lived right there for a few days. I liked it too.

Another good one was destination truth. I like Josh Gates.

I had forgotten all about that show. I don’t think it was on long right? An interesting way to do it. They lived right there for a few days. I liked it too.

It was on TV at least five or six years, but somewhere in that run I think it changed networks. The woman who played the medium in "Poltergeist" did the narration, and for at least part of run it also featured a guy named Robson who was, to my understanding, the Art Bell of the UK. Linda Blair hosted, but I think all her segments were filmed in studio.

Reactions: Lynne
It was on TV at least five or six years, but somewhere in that run I think it changed networks. The woman who played the medium in "Poltergeist" did the narration, and for at least part of run it also featured a guy named Robson who was, to my understanding, the Art Bell of the UK. Linda Blair hosted, but I think all her segments were filmed in studio.
NOW I remember it. The Linda Blair connection finally did it.

Without commercials, they'd be around 45 minutes/episode.
Might be a good idea. I remember them as being really good shows. I only saw a few so I’d love watching some.