Does time truly heal all wounds?

I am very to hear about your loss. I know how hard it is. My mom passed, and i had to watch my father fall apart. Be proud you were there for your dad, you did the best you could, and most likely , better than the best you could do under the circumstances. . Its only been nine months, it gets better.

I believe it heals with time but is dependent on each individual. We each grieve in our own ways, and heal in our own time.
well said Bob, I totally agree.

January will be 11 years since the very traumatic separation, divorce, loss of 3 kids, and incarceration for 6 months( 1st EVER going to jail).
A very well premeditated plan by the ex and the boyfriend :(
Upon release all I had was my truck and a bag of clothes. Mentally I was a train wreck. I drank heavily, literally woke up drunk and went to bed drunk. For 6 years I wandered the country( lost the truck 5 months in), no care for anything, put myself in dangerous situations. Almost died several times. During this process I lost my Grandmother who raised me since I was 3, I returned home and helped her transition. 6 months :(
I was drinking myself to death. Then one night "Leaving Las Vegas" came on.
I've seen it a few times before, this time it woke something in me. The following day a resolved to fix myself, knowing it would probably take years if not the rest of my life.
Through this time, especially after Vegas, the mental pain and anguish and the physical did lessen. Now I am in a MUCH better place, in my head and in life.
I was on the right road and the Universe gave me a gift to increase my resolve.
My baby girl Gyda :D.
The scars will always be there, from time to time a memory wave hits. I accept it will never go away and it is a part of who I am.
So imo, Time does heal, idk about completely, however if done correctly time will ease the pain :D

January will be 11 years since the very traumatic separation, divorce, loss of 3 kids, and incarceration for 6 months( 1st EVER going to jail).
Upon release all I had was my truck and a bag of clothes. Mentally I was a train wreck. I drank heavily, literally woke up drunk and went to bed drunk. For 6 years I wandered the country( lost the truck 5 months in), no care for anything, put myself in dangerous situations. Almost died several times. During this process I lost my Grandmother who raised me since I was 3, I returned home and helped her transition. 6 months :(
I've seen it a few times before, this time it woke something in me. The following day a resolved to fix myself, knowing it would probably take years if not the rest of my life.
Through this time, especially after Vegas, the mental pain and anguish and the physical did lessen. Now I am in a MUCH better place, in my head and in life.
The scars will always be there, from time to time a memory wave hits. I accept it will never go away and it is a part of who I am.
So imo, Time does heal, idk about completely, however if done correctly time will ease the pain :D
God bless you Ragz for sharing this painful memory with us to help others heal. Knowing there is hope and a way forward after tragedy is everything to a grieving heart.

I lost my father to a massive stroke back in 2008. He died thinking that I didn't care about him because I couldn't travel from FL to NJ to look after him; he didn't understand that my health was too poor. It took me a long time to get over that guilt! My mother followed the next year, right after my first granddaughter was born. I grieved harder for my father, because of the guilt. But now, I have accepted it. Although sometimes I will go to pick up the phone to share some news, then I remember. But it has gotten better.

I lost my father to a massive stroke back in 2008. He died thinking that I didn't care about him because I couldn't travel from FL to NJ to look after him; he didn't understand that my health was too poor. It took me a long time to get over that guilt! My mother followed the next year, right after my first granddaughter was born. I grieved harder for my father, because of the guilt. But now, I have accepted it. Although sometimes I will go to pick up the phone to share some news, then I remember. But it has gotten better.
Garnet I think they understand when they get to the other side.

Ragz, thank you for sharing such a deeply painful event. I am so proud of you for being able to turn it all around. I know how hard it is to tackle drinking when it's done to self-medicate a painful time...my youngest son will celebrate 13 years of being clean and sober tomorrow. I watched his struggle and one day something just clicked...I like to see it as an answer to all my prayers for him.

I'm so glad you got the gift of Gyda. That little Viking will bring you all the joy to keep healing.