Does something want my attention?

That could have been what they call a "hitchhiker", Steve. Usually when not "fed" they go back "home". The fact she was at the Stanley
This is something I have heard of, but more in the context of it being an occupational hazard for investigators. It's not something where I had any first hand experience.

I'm guessing that for something to follow a person like that it would need to be sentient, not simply stored energy playing back the same event over and over. This would explain why it was touching me and interacting with things like the TV. It was lost and in unfamiliar surroundings. I would imagine it would also need to be a human entity and not something else. A non human entity would be older, more familiar with how the world works and would be able to travel more freely without having to attach itself to a person or object.

I've had a theory that whatever trait it is which allows some people to see spirits clearly while others see nothing at all works both ways. Those who are more in tune with the paranormal can see things easier, but are also able to be seen by those on the other side of the veil. So when someone sees a shadow figure, for example, it's possible that figure is seeing them as a shadow as well.

The sister who came to visit hasn't really had a lot of paranormal encounters, however I'm aware of other family members who did have experiences going back a few generations. So my theory is that my sister inherited the ability to see and be seen but my ability is stronger. If something did follow her it would stay with her until it either lost enough energy or found someone else more visible/interesting to follow.

Reactions: garnetsilver
This is good to know, Steve! I found this very informative about attachments. I only ever came across that situation once.

Reactions: Stevedog
This is something I have heard of, but more in the context of it being an occupational hazard for investigators. It's not something where I had any first hand experience.

I'm guessing that for something to follow a person like that it would need to be sentient, not simply stored energy playing back the same event over and over. This would explain why it was touching me and interacting with things like the TV. It was lost and in unfamiliar surroundings. I would imagine it would also need to be a human entity and not something else. A non human entity would be older, more familiar with how the world works and would be able to travel more freely without having to attach itself to a person or object.

I've had a theory that whatever trait it is which allows some people to see spirits clearly while others see nothing at all works both ways. Those who are more in tune with the paranormal can see things easier, but are also able to be seen by those on the other side of the veil. So when someone sees a shadow figure, for example, it's possible that figure is seeing them as a shadow as well.

The sister who came to visit hasn't really had a lot of paranormal encounters, however I'm aware of other family members who did have experiences going back a few generations. So my theory is that my sister inherited the ability to see and be seen but my ability is stronger. If something did follow her it would stay with her until it either lost enough energy or found someone else more visible/interesting to follow.
Paranormal abilities do seem to run in families. How’s the activity? Gone now ?

Paranormal abilities do seem to run in families. How’s the activity? Gone now ?
All the activity seems to have stopped right about the time I started this thread. Part of me wondered if just that was enough acknowledgement that whatever it was needed/wanted and that's why it stopped.

The good news is I was able to clear the kitten of some false accusations. I was noticing odd scratches on arms, shoulders and legs and simply assumed it was the new cat. The scratches were only a few inches long and almost always in pairs. I didn't have any memory of the cat scratching me so I assumed it was happening in my sleep.

Shortly after my initial post here my wife noticed scratches on my neck. Two scratches starting at about my collar bone. However they went down under my shirt. When I took my shirt off to get a better look the scratches went all the way down my chest and stopped about belly button level by my hip. Even if I was asleep I don't think the cat is clever enough to leave a scratch like that through my shirt. Also, those scratches hadn't been there when I woke up that morning because they were obvious enough I definitely would have noticed during my shower.

Given the activity I had been experiencing I was immediately concerned that whatever it was, it was no longer content with simple touches.

However, because I was now paying attention to everything I discovered that these scratches were coming from my soap. I started using this Dr. Squatch soap called Pine Tar which smells like pine wood and has bits of wood in the soap to act as an exfoliate. I can feel those little wood chips when i use the soap and made note that the scratches were only appearing after my shower and only in places whet I felt the soap.

All the activity seems to have stopped right about the time I started this thread. Part of me wondered if just that was enough acknowledgement that whatever it was needed/wanted and that's why it stopped.

The good news is I was able to clear the kitten of some false accusations. I was noticing odd scratches on arms, shoulders and legs and simply assumed it was the new cat. The scratches were only a few inches long and almost always in pairs. I didn't have any memory of the cat scratching me so I assumed it was happening in my sleep.

Shortly after my initial post here my wife noticed scratches on my neck. Two scratches starting at about my collar bone. However they went down under my shirt. When I took my shirt off to get a better look the scratches went all the way down my chest and stopped about belly button level by my hip. Even if I was asleep I don't think the cat is clever enough to leave a scratch like that through my shirt. Also, those scratches hadn't been there when I woke up that morning because they were obvious enough I definitely would have noticed during my shower.

Given the activity I had been experiencing I was immediately concerned that whatever it was, it was no longer content with simple touches.

However, because I was now paying attention to everything I discovered that these scratches were coming from my soap. I started using this Dr. Squatch soap called Pine Tar which smells like pine wood and has bits of wood in the soap to act as an exfoliate. I can feel those little wood chips when i use the soap and made note that the scratches were only appearing after my shower and only in places whet I felt the soap.
Glad you cleared the kitty! And good sleuthing on the soap.

I had to chuckle at the debunking of the scratches. That sounds like horrible soap. Lol. Glad things have calmed down. I hope you stay and hang out with us.