Does something want my attention?

Stevedog

Truth Seeker
Reaction score
Have had some odd things happen just in the past two weeks. I'm mostly just writing this out so I can come back and reference it again should things continue.

I have been working from home and spending a lot of time on the computer. The main computer I use is in the master bedroom with me and my wife, we also have TV in the room. The room is set up so that when sitting at the computer my back is to the TV. The office chair I use is a nice leather chair which currently is covered with a bath towel because we got a new kitten and it's in it's "scratch up everything" phase.

While sitting at the computer I'll feel things happening behind me, which is not unusual as the kitten is very active plus it's summer break so my wife and kids are home and wandering the house.
However starting about two weeks ago I started feeling things I can't explain. Sometimes if I shift around in the seat the bath towel protecting the leather will slip and hit me in the back. A few times I have felt the towel hit me but when I turn to fix it I see the towel is still in place. I have also felt the kitten sitting on the back of the chair hitting me with it's tail but when I turn there is no cat there. The last time it happened the kitten was sitting in my son's lap in the other room at the time. At one point in time my wife had taken the kids to the store so I was by myself in the house and I felt as if someone tapped me on the shoulder.

I pretty much ignored it all up to this point as the feeling of being touched or poked can be imagination, stress or just a lack of sleep. All of which are plausible right now. I have also felt cool drafts but this also seems plausible as it's summer and we have the swamp cooler and multiple fans running all over the house. However just two nights ago I was at the computer and my wife and kids were in the living room watching TV. I felt something touch me and I turned around to see nothing there, however this time as I was turned away from the computer I saw the TV turn on by itself. I quickly looked for the remote expecting the kitten to have been playing with it but the remote was sitting on the desk right next to the mouse and keyboard where I was working.

Nothing has happened since then but now I'm kind of on high alert looking for things that could explain all this. I don't want to freak out my wife and kids, they know about the TV turning on but I haven't told them anything about being poked in the back. School starts back up in a few weeks so I'll be home alone during the day. If things are still happening then I can address it while nobody is home to freak out over Dad talking to the air.

That sounds like something is trying to get your attention! I have had similar experiences, and in some cases I have bluntly had to ask it, whatever or whomever it was, to leave me alone. Please keep us updated on any further developments!

I think you are doing the right thing as to not spin the kids out Steve. The kids being at home a lot seems to attract energies of some sort, I remember this when my kids were younger and lived at home. Not sure if kids create some kind of tulpa.

Everything screams for our attention, from the talking heads on television, to the wonders of nature around you. The paranormal screams for our attention also, we just can't hear them 99.9 percent of the time.

So a quick update, it's been about three weeks since the TV incident and still nothing has happened. I'm still going to keep watching and paying attention to the little things around me but I'm guessing that either it was all a weird set of coincidences or that whatever it was saw it had gotten my attention and moved on, which wouldn't be the first time something dropped in on me like that.

So a quick update, it's been about three weeks since the TV incident and still nothing has happened. I'm still going to keep watching and paying attention to the little things around me but I'm guessing that either it was all a weird set of coincidences or that whatever it was saw it had gotten my attention and moved on, which wouldn't be the first time something dropped in on me like that.
Thanks for the update, Steve. And very glad things have settled down for you!

Steve you were right to ignore the activity. Unless it gets to the point where it is scaring you or interfering with your life and family, any engagement gives an implied assent to the activity. It’s like opening the door to it. At least that is the advice of those who have knowledge on the topic. Everything is an educated guess. I would recommend raising the vibrations in your home. Some things you can do is saging, playing happy or spiritual music, prayer and house cleaning. Washing walls, decluttering and opening curtains to let in sunshine goes a long way to raise the energy in a place. We have a thread you may want to read on help with this type of thing. PNF Suggestions for Paranormal Activity Problems

One more thing , have you recently brought any item into the home that might have an attachment? If so removal of the item will most likely solve the issue.

One more thing , have you recently brought any item into the home that might have an attachment? If so removal of the item will most likely solve the issue.

I didn't even think about it but there was something right before everything started. My sister came to visit, stayed with us for a few days and she brought a box of things from my mom's old house. So while there are some more items in the house I don't think that's it. On her way to visit my sister stopped at the Stanley Hotel for a "Ghost Tour". I'm wondering if something could have attached itself to her and then stayed behind when she left.

Looking back I started noticing things about a day or two after she left. Theoretically, if something was carried away from it's territory I'd imagine it would only have a limited amount of energy. If neither myself nor anyone in my family gave it energy then the week or two of activity might have been all it had.

I didn't even think about it but there was something right before everything started. My sister came to visit, stayed with us for a few days and she brought a box of things from my mom's old house. So while there are some more items in the house I don't think that's it. On her way to visit my sister stopped at the Stanley Hotel for a "Ghost Tour". I'm wondering if something could have attached itself to her and then stayed behind when she left.

Looking back I started noticing things about a day or two after she left. Theoretically, if something was carried away from it's territory I'd imagine it would only have a limited amount of energy. If neither myself nor anyone in my family gave it energy then the week or two of activity might have been all it had.
That could have been what they call a "hitchhiker", Steve. Usually when not "fed" they go back "home". The fact she was at the Stanley makes you wonder.