Do you believe...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
79281679_2764901780258115_5763678543082946560_n.jpg

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
Yes! Since I lost my fur baby, she has been visiting me every night. I asked Jim to lie down near where she usually can be felt, but he could not feel her kneading, or the weight of her lying on his leg. So would you say this is what you mean?
Exactly, Garnet. I believe that some messages are meant only for the intended recipient.

I believe that to be true also,this makes it hard to prove and die hard skeptics will say it proves that it's only in the mind of the person who saw it.Funnily most of these people have had a least one encounter themselves when you talk to them.

Exactly, Garnet. I believe that some messages are meant only for the intended recipient.
This is very interesting to contemplate! I recall many years ago seeing an apparition next to my exercise bike. I only saw it once, but shortly after that a bike was stolen from my daughter. I suspect it was warning me!

My gosh, this is a question written in layers like an onion. So I’m answering within the assumption that - since the question uses the word “selectively” - we’re talking about intelligent spirits. The best part is I’ve never thought about this question before. Unfortunately, my own personal experiences with what I think might have been ghosts are few.

I’m going to start my diatribe with an example that is nearly opposite the question. I won’t repeat the related lengthy details here because they already exist in another PNF thread.

So a friend of mine “saw” a ghost - did not tell me so - but less than two minutes later, I “saw” the same ghost in the exact same spot. I’d say that based upon timing, placement, and our descriptions of the ghost that these two sightings could be considered to be essentially concurrent.

I accept this might better serve as an example of a residual, non-intelligent haunting. However, I have no contrary indication that this event might instead have been an intelligent spirit. In that case, a spirit might have elected to manifest to two persons.

Consider that occurrence. I’ll ponder what other contributions I might be able to post later.

Last edited:
So I’m answering within the assumption that - since the question uses the word “selectively” - we’re talking about intelligent spirits.
It is a bit of a loaded question. I'd first have to believe that ghosts are volitional agents. I'm not sure. Though I do think it is plausible that certain individuals or events could leave an imprint of persistent residual energy.