Decorating

How big is that tree Debi?
It is the standard ceramic type tree, made by my grandmother years ago. It's white with sparkles and those little light thingies in it. About 14 inches overall. Very similar to these but much older.

vintage-ceramic-christmas-trees-1573168913.jpg

My Charlie brown musical Xmas tree will go on the living room table.

upload_2019-11-29_12-42-2.jpeg

It is the standard ceramic type tree, made by my grandmother years ago. It's white with sparkles and those little light thingies in it. About 14 inches overall. Very similar to these but much older.

vintage-ceramic-christmas-trees-1573168913.jpg

My Charlie brown musical Xmas tree will go on the living room table.

View attachment 21433
Thanks for the photos Debi. I had one like the one on the left. Feeling depressed at the holiday season the year our Mom dies, my Sister knew that I wasn’t going to put up my own tree. So she gave me one like that to have in my condo. Nice solution to the difficulty of no space for a tree too.

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos Debi. I had one like the one on the left. Feeling depressed at the holiday season the year our Mom dies, my Sister knew that I wasn’t going to put up my own tree. So she gave me on like that to have in my condo. Nice solution to the difficulty of no space for a tree too.
We have plenty of space, but I have to take care of the dust and glitter and airborne "stuff" of decorations. This is about as much as I'm willing to go with this year. Last year I tried extra decor and I paid for it. (I can't even go into a store with all that stuff this time of year! Nope!)

Grandma loved that little tree, and by George, so do I. It will sparkle it's way through the season for me. :)

We have plenty of space, but I have to take care of the dust and glitter and airborne "stuff" of decorations. This is about as much as I'm willing to go with this year. Last year I tried extra decor and I paid for it. (I can't even go into a store with all that stuff this time of year! Nope!)

Grandma loved that little tree, and by George, so do I. It will sparkle it's way through the season for me. :)

Excellent choice for many reasons.

If you ever need to be reminded about the excesses of the holiday, just let me know and I’ll repost my photo from September showing that the local Hobby Lobby already had Christmas decorations for sale.

Hey, I went there again today and the holiday aisles were snarled. My favorite part was the three 30-something women who were clogging the tree lights aisle talking about the men who had done them wrong. Didn’t take me more than about one minute of that to send me and my little basket across the store to the custom framing section. I didn’t have anything to frame, I just didn’t want to be within pitching range of the glass ornaments they were carting around. I found my GF who was picking up some greeting card making supplies and we headed to the cash register ASAP.

Excellent choice for many reasons.

If you ever need to be reminded about the excesses of the holiday, just let me know and I’ll repost my photo from September showing that the local Hobby Lobby already had Christmas decorations for sale.

Hey, I went there again today and the holiday aisles were snarled. My favorite part was the three 30-something women who were clogging the tree lights aisle talking about the men who had done them wrong. Didn’t take me more than about one minute of that to send me and my little basket across the store to the custom framing section. I didn’t have anything to frame, I just didn’t want to be within pitching range of the glass ornaments they were carting around. I found my GF who was picking up some greeting card making supplies and we headed to the cash register ASAP.
LOL I am a minimalist. I have spent most of my life trying to convince my family that they don't need all the "stuff" they have. This is why I have some trouble with Christmas overall. My family claims I have some Grinch like issues. I claim it's simple...I don't want anything, therefore I have problems when people get me more stuff I don't know what to do with. And the whole let me go into debt so I can get you something while you go into debt so you can get me something deal is beyond me. lol I try to roll nicely with it and just watch Rudolph (for the 55th year in a row this year) and watch my little tree twinkle. :)

LOL I am a minimalist. I have spent most of my life trying to convince my family that they don't need all the "stuff" they have. This is why I have some trouble with Christmas overall. My family claims I have some Grinch like issues. I claim it's simple...I don't want anything, therefore I have problems when people get me more stuff I don't know what to do with. And the whole let me go into debt so I can get you something while you go into debt so you can get me something deal is beyond me. lol I try to roll nicely with it and just watch Rudolph (for the 55th year in a row this year) and watch my little tree twinkle. :)

For Jeezer’s sakes Debi, did you invade my frontal lobe? I’m essentially of the same belief. I just live in a part of the matrix where the frontal lobe in most other people is still essentially aspic.

Reactions: Benway and Debi
For Jeezer’s sakes Debi, did you invade my frontal lobe? I’m essentially of the same belief. I just live in a part of the matrix where the frontal lobe in most other people is still essentially aspic.
LOL I've noticed we share a few traits. It's not the holiday I mind. It's simply all "THAT". People make themselves crazy, miss the part it's all about to begin with, etc. etc., and once it's over everybody sighs and says "thank goodness it's over!" :confused: Perhaps we're missing something in the translation, Wands...lol

As a member of this forum who has a new kitten in a house named after one of the most fearsome baseball sluggers of all time;
I offered my mother this deal.
I bring up all of moms Christmas trees and decorations from the basement.
Mom decorates the trees.
I bring Shoeless Jo over to see how Shoeless Jo reacts to the various Christmas trees.:p

Mom was very non-committal but I saw her writing something in a book that said I'm getting nothing for Christmas if Shoeless Jo has to practice on the Christmas tree.