9-23-2021 Thursday Live Chat

Mrs. GW has to have an arterial balloon procedure next week, in her leg. She had the other leg done several years ago and it still has good circulation but this leg is down to 30% so it's time. At least our deductible is paid for this year.
May angels of healing be present at the surgery!

Reactions: GoneWestUtah
I have left over chicken and dumplings for supper and all is good.

Neither my wife nor I have had to cook for more than two people regularly in over a decade, yet we still make too much more often than not. So much that we end up with leftovers for three days or more at times. By then, I don't want to look at the stuff since I take leftovers for lunch most days. Tough to have the same thing for five or six meals in a row. I hate to complain about this, it's definitely a first-world problem and I'm a bit ashamed that I even feel this way. We just need to cook up smaller batches to begin with. Old habits die hard.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Neither my wife nor I have had to cook for more than two people regularly in over a decade, yet we still make too much more often than not. So much that we end up with leftovers for three days or more at times. By then, I don't want to look at the stuff since I take leftovers for lunch most days. Tough to have the same thing for five or six meals in a row. I hate to complain about this, it's definitely a first-world problem and I'm a bit ashamed that I even feel this way. We just need to cook up smaller batches to begin with. Old habits die hard.
I am lucky when I have leftovers! Our son likes to snack his way through the evening on them, but this time I told him they were for tonight's supper and off limits before he got to graze on them. lol

Do you ever freeze leftovers? I have been thinking that the next time we make too much of something, to freeze the rest so that we don't get sick of it.

Reactions: GoneWestUtah