9-10-2021 Friday Live Chat Portal

05_15_21_0a4b2b8dc2ff2894948a4a3be9215f25.jpg
Hiya !

Good morning all. Finally Friday!

It's a weekend but I can't tell. I will be busy 20 hours a day for the next 6 days but it's for a good cause. I may not be posting much for the next week but I will be checking in periodically.

Have a great day!

Hi all! My browser has been slow lately (taking five minutes to start, for instance) so I decided to bite the bullet and close all my open tabs. The little message popped up asking if I wanted to close X number of tabs.

Six HUNDRED AND EIGHTY SEVEN tabs!!!!
I need to be stricter on 'I'll read this later'.

Hi all! My browser has been slow lately (taking five minutes to start, for instance) so I decided to bite the bullet and close all my open tabs. The little message popped up asking if I wanted to close X number of tabs.

I have a hard rule that if I can't see enough of each tab at a glance to tell which one is which then that's too many, so I'm pretty strict about keeping open tabs to about 15-20 at most. Of course I usually have several instances of the browser open at the same time, it's a legal loophole.

Reactions: Benway
I have a hard rule that if I can't see enough of each tab at a glance to tell which one is which then that's too many, so I'm pretty strict about keeping open tabs to about 15-20 at most. Of course I usually have several instances of the browser open at the same time, it's a legal loophole.
A good rule, but I don't think I 'm that focussed on my best day!

Thank goodness that time travel thing worked. Today was still a waste of time where I didn't do anything useful, but I did do nothing a lot better!

*Farewell, non-Timelords!*

Last edited:

I don't know how many times I've had to ask Mrs Duke "how many open tabs" when she complains about her browser being slow. When she sees how many there are, she's amazed. My favorite reply was, "But I only had those open for a minute."

I don't know how many times I've had to ask Mrs Duke "how many open tabs" when she complains about her browser being slow. When she sees how many there are, she's amazed. My favorite reply was, "But I only had those open for a minute."
This was a shock as I've been trying to close ones I'm not going to get back to. My previous record which caused that was finding I had over 900 open! I'm not sure if I should be proud that I shaved off over 200 or appalled that my 'careful' is another man's 'holy ****balls, what are you doing'?

Reactions: Paintman
This was a shock as I've been trying to close ones I'm not going to get back to. My previous record which caused that was finding I had over 900 open! I'm not sure if I should be proud that I shaved off over 200 or appalled that my 'careful' is another man's 'holy ****balls, what are you doing'?
And do they sell special underpants for internet incontinence?