News 72 on Terrorist Watch list worked at DHS

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
72 DHS Employees on Terrorist Watch List

At least 72 employees at the Department of Homeland Security are listed on the U.S. terrorist watch list, according to a Democratic lawmaker.

Rep. Stephen Lynch (D., Mass.) disclosed that a congressional investigation recently found that at least 72 people working at DHS also “were on the terrorist watch list.”

“Back in August, we did an investigation—the inspector general did—of the Department of Homeland Security, and they had 72 individuals that were on the terrorist watch list that were actually working at the Department of Homeland Security,” Lynch told Boston Public Radio.

Full Story at site

Yeah, now I'm feeling sooo secure!

I heard this on the news and read your comment, Debi. I wonder, as were some, if these are radicals or people who fit the "conservative" category in the government's eyes ?

Last edited:
This sort of reminds me of "our grand TSA"
ALL the money....
Unable to "profile" ??...
"bad people" vs "good people"...
(The "important" just walk through...
what about those "pouches"....flight personnel....diplomats...etc....)
AND WHAT DID THEY MISS ?????
besides those that just walk through ?
answer
all those nobody even checked....
Illegals "undocumented" forged papers....IN THE BAGGAGE AREAS!!!!
WORKING AT THE AIRPORT !!!??
duh.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Grinchesbro
We were talking about this a bit on random chat last night. I'll repeat what I said there. I guess for me it comes down to for an agency who is supposed to be vetting people, they can't even vet their own staff. THIS is my bigger issue here. Comes down to the trust factor in them for me. No matter who was ON the list for whatever reasons, the fact they didn't even know it is quite disturbing.

Reactions: Grinchesbro
DHS to roll out new terror alert system | Fox News

Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson announced on Monday the rollout of a new national terror alert system that
warns Americans of risks on U.S. soil.

Johnson said his department would unveil the new system in the coming days and that it would reflect the “new phase” of the terror threat.

The new system will include an intermediate terror threat warning.

The new system will be the third since Sept. 11, 2001. The original color-coded Homeland Security Advisory System was ditched for the current system. Johnson said the current system has never been used because it has a “trigger that is a pretty high bar.” He added the new system would represent “the current environment and current realities.”

Johnson, who made the announcement at a Defense One magazine event, said threats to the U.S. have evolved in recent years. Though he did not reveal specifics of the new system, he did say the changes will keep Americans better informed.

“We need a system that informs the public at large of what we are seeing,” he said. “Removing some of the mystery about the global terrorist threat, what we are doing about it and what we are asking the public to do.”

So please tell me how this helps?

I would like to read or hear some details of the "new system." This article doesn't give any and after a web search, I am not finding any more than what Debi posted.

I would like to read or hear some details of the "new system." This article doesn't give any and after a web search, I am not finding any more than what Debi posted.
It was posted as "Breaking News" on Fox this morning. It hit me the same way with, "What does this do? How would this help?" They speak of high levels to even trigger such warnings.....what are those? What's the qualifiers for issuing an alert? Very little info right now. If this is an effort to show their "doing something" I find it to be a poor one. We did this same thing with the "color" system after 9/11....never did a bit of good then and can't see it changing anything now. (Climbing off my soap box now.....)

“We need a system that informs the public at large of what we are seeing,” he said. “Removing some of the mystery about the global terrorist threat, what we are doing about it and what we are asking the public to do.”
i am sorry but if we have a system that shows us what we are seeing, then the terrorists know also. And if they are seeing something that is threatening, why do they not pounce on it. They bought enough damn bullets. Start profiling again and hit them where it hurts. These people only understand brutality and we should show some good old fashioned American whoopa$$. Oh yeah, they bottled that up with political correctness.

Arm yourselves people, the revolution is not going to be black and white, that is the diversion. It is going to be against the Muslims. I am actually considering moving to Utah, land of the machine gun. Texas has too many liberal hippies from Cali moving in.

Don't apologize and BTW, in case you missed it, you can now say "whoopass" around here. ;) And several other formerly banned words are now considered common language. Just stay away from vulgarities that start with F or C and you're good.

Whitley Streiber put out an excellent commentary that I just came across. I think he hit some pretty good points.

Whitley's Journal | The Why of Islamic Terrorism | unknowncountry

i am sorry but if we have a system that shows us what we are seeing, then the terrorists know also. And if they are seeing something that is threatening, why do they not pounce on it. They bought enough damn bullets. Start profiling again and hit them where it hurts. These people only understand brutality and we should show some good old fashioned American whoopa$$. Oh yeah, they bottled that up with political correctness.

Arm yourselves people, the revolution is not going to be black and white, that is the diversion. It is going to be against the Muslims. I am actually considering moving to Utah, land of the machine gun. Texas has too many liberal hippies from Cali moving in.
Your comment made me wonder, sal. Wouldn't a terrorist hacker look at an electronic warning system as a challenge to get into and start posting a bunch of red herrings; get people all over the nation into a frenzy ? Pick six or eight cities and start posting incidents in these cities.