7-16-2017 Sunday Live Chat Thread

That's my philosophy....I'm mid fifties.......and the second oldest.............The guy I replaced was doing a good job, but the company had an opening in Texas in his hometown, so he was glad to be able to get back home.
Oh, okay, I was thinking you meant they all ran for the hills! :p Now, having lived in Texas for a few years, I'd take Alaska over Texas in a heartbeat!

Reactions: T-Bob
Oh, okay, I was thinking you meant they all ran for the hills! :p Now, having lived in Texas for a few years, I'd take Alaska over Texas in a heartbeat!
The Texas Hill Country is okay...........but West Texas, like Midland/Odessa looks somewhat like the surface of Mars (with pump jacks).

Reactions: Seahunter
That would be wonderful........I'm sure it would have to be a summer thing.
Yes, I've towed a trailer in the snow.... for me it will be a Summer thing! A lot safer, especially if you become disabled in the middle of nowhere. Tons of people head up in the Summer, but that's the time to see anything besides rain, clouds, and snow.

Reactions: T-Bob
The Texas Hill Country is okay...........but West Texas, like Midland/Odessa looks somewhat like the surface of Mars (with pump jacks).
LOL, yep! I would always laugh when Texans told me they had trees - sorry, a mesquite tree is not a tree and I'm used to the Pacific Northwest real trees! - and hills - I lived 30 minutes from Mt. Hood for most of my life!

LOL, yep! I would always laugh when Texans told me they had trees - sorry, a mesquite tree is not a tree and I'm used to the Pacific Northwest real trees! - and hills - I lived 30 minutes from Mt. Hood for most of my life!
Mesquite was created for barbecue charcoal, not shade. I haven't been to the Pacific Northwest, but it's tops on my places to go.

Mesquite was created for barbecue charcoal, not shade. I haven't been to the Pacific Northwest, but it's tops on my places to go.
I'm biased obviously, but for a photrographer like you, Bob, this would be heaven for you.- not only to experience it, but to be able to take some awesome pictures too. There is so much to do here. You can be at the beach, the valleys, and the mountains, all in one day for whatever your pleasures are for hobbies or interest. In fact, I've done just that. Started the day at the beach, came back to my area for a bit, then hit the mountain for dinner - makes a great day!

I'm biased obviously, but for a photrographer like you, Bob, this would be heaven for you.- not only to experience it, but to be able to take some awesome pictures too. There is so much to do here. You can be at the beach, the valleys, and the mountains, all in one day for whatever your pleasures are for hobbies or interest. In fact, I've done just that. Started the day at the beach, came back to my area for a bit, then hit the mountain for dinner - makes a great day!
Wonderful...............I think I would consider a job there in a New York minute, as long as my wife could come.