6-9-2018 Saturday Live Chat Thread

Wow! Then you know my avatar has a Trek connection. It's from Zombies of the Stratosphere (Republic, 1952), in which Leonard Nemoy starred as Narab, an alien, long before his Spock role.

My Dad took a photo of me with Nimoy at a car show in San Diego (he was the hired talent at that car show) in about 1974 or 1975. There were female members of the same Star Trek Revival group that I joined at the car show. I asked them to stand with me with Nimoy for the photo. Those ladies pulled me deep into the Star Trek Revival fandom for several years to come.

Reactions: Benway and T-Bob
Major (Barrett) Lee!

I was a very active member of San Diego Star Trek for Revival. I was also part of the fandom in the 1970s which was one of many national organizations to put pressure on studios to bring back Star Trek.

I introduced my closest grade school, junior and senior high school friend to the convention circuit. Her fandom turned her into a Vice President of Comicon San Diego.

I own one of the earliest fan built tricorders, communicators, and working phasers.

In fact my friend (above) married another of our high school friends - I was best man (aka #1) At the ceremony at Hilton’s defunct Star Trek thrill ride in Las Vegas.

Now I’m just a psychic - I had to leave the Trek hobbies behind to deal with my mystic life.
Do you work professionally as a psychic, or just find yourself blessed with the gift?

Do you work professionally as a psychic, or just find yourself blessed with the gift?

Holy smokes no T.

My psychic abilities are unstable (to the best of my knowledge with few exceptions) and random. I only get to lament after the fact the useless info I had and the level of inadequacy I feel for not being able to do something.

In reality T, I don’t feel crushed by my impotence - I instead recognize that if I was destined to actually do something with my premonitions it would happen naturally. Like what do you do after acknowledging a coming earthquake eight hours before it happens?

Reactions: Benway and Charleh
Holy smokes no T.

My psychic abilities are unstable (to the best of my knowledge with few exceptions) and random. I only get to lament after the fact the useless info I had and the level of inadequacy I feel for not being able to do something.

In reality T, I don’t feel crushed by my impotence - I instead recognize that if I was destined to actually do something with my premonitions it would happen naturally. Like what do you do after acknowledging a coming earthquake eight hours before it happens?
I've never had a psychic or paranormal experience. However, I haven't given up hope.

I apologize because I forgot to respond directly T. I don’t see my psychic abilities really as a gift but I have gotten beyond seeing them as a burden.

I will never ever consider charging for my abilities. So not really much of a profession.

Last edited:
Reactions: T-Bob
I've never had a psychic or paranormal experience. However, I haven't given up hope.

Some are so subtle that they escape notice.

Here’s a hint...if you ever feel an emotion that seems out of place with your current mental state, make note of it. Then be on the watch for that exact same emotion to pop up again very soon. That is one of my few recurring psychic indicators. In most cases I can understand why my later feeling of that emotion fits in with my earlier feeling of same emotions.

That’s just one example of how I recognize a psychic message,

Reactions: Benway and T-Bob
Some are so subtle that they escape notice.

Here’s a hint...if you ever feel an emotion that seems out of place with your current mental state, make note of it. Then be on the watch for that exact same emotion to pop up again very soon. That is one of my few recurring psychic indicators. In most cases I can understand why my later feeling of that emotion fits in with my earlier feeling of same emotions.

That’s just one example of how I recognize a psychic message,
I'll do that!

I'll do that!

Coolio.

For me at least, my emotions are incredibly strong. So feeling an emotion that is out of sync with my current environment is kind of a tell tale sign of receipt of a psychic message...one that is very obvious to me.

Reactions: Benway
I’m at 9% power so must recharge...and refill my wine glass. Enjoy tonight’s movies all.