4-19-2023 Wednesday Live Chat

Hi Select, I am back catching up on a few threads. How was your day?

Reactions: Selectric
Hi Lynne. Day was not bad, thanks. Worked outside the entire day and was great. How was your day?
Very good thanks. I probably gained a few pounds. I had stuffed crepes and a chocolate stuffed cupcake. OMG, I never allow myself to eat like that anymore. It is so hard to work off. But today it was totally worth it.

Very good thanks. I probably gained a few pounds. I had stuffed crepes and a chocolate stuffed cupcake. OMG, I never allow myself to eat like that anymore. It is so hard to work off. But today it was totally worth it.
Yeah i try not to eat much sweets, but they are so worth it when you do lol. Getting up in age it can hurt, but i'm lucky enough to keep moving at work to burn that stuff off when i need a sugar boost ;bg2

Reactions: Duke and Lynne
Yeah i try not to eat much sweets, but they are so worth it when you do lol. Getting up in age it can hurt, but i'm lucky enough to keep moving at work to burn that stuff off when i need a sugar boost ;bg2
Since I have not been able to ride my horse due to her hoof condition, I am getting out of shape. I need to get back on the work outs. It is so hard to climb back on the wagon. When I was working I had to lift weights and work out 5 days a week to stay strong, because working in a detention center requires physical restraints quite often. I have gotten soft in the last 5 years lol.

Since I have not been able to ride my horse due to her hoof condition, I am getting out of shape. I need to get back on the work outs. It is so hard to climb back on the wagon. When I was working I had to lift weights and work out 5 days a week to stay strong, because working in a detention center requires physical restraints quite often. I have gotten soft in the last 5 years lol.
How is your horse? I know you've had issues. They are a lot of work, but i still would love to own one someday. I don't get to ride often, but always enjoyed it.

Reactions: Lynne
How is your horse? I know you've had issues. They are a lot of work, but i still would love to own one someday. I don't get to ride often, but always enjoyed it.
She is doing pretty well considering how bad she foundered. If you are not familiar with that, it is the rotation of the coffin bone inside the hoof. Usually caused from some type of inflammation, from insulin resistance, running on a hard surface, illness, poison. We have no idea what caused this other than a bad farrier. My old one retired and the fill in guy was awful. So, it has been a year of regrowing the hoof and silicone pads etc. lots of money. I will have exrays done in a few months to see the progress. Usually, these cases do not end well but she is my everything and I am throwing everything at it. Hoping to get lucky. I do not know if another horse is in my future or not. I want one but two is a real expense I don't know if I want to manage at this retirement stage in my life. We shall see. I am on the fence about the whole thing at the moment. Thanks for asking. It is my constant concern.

She is doing pretty well considering how bad she foundered. If you are not familiar with that, it is the rotation of the coffin bone inside the hoof. Usually caused from some type of inflammation, from insulin resistance, running on a hard surface, illness, poison. We have no idea what caused this other than a bad farrier. My old one retired and the fill in guy was awful. So, it has been a year of regrowing the hoof and silicone pads etc. lots of money. I will have exrays done in a few months to see the progress. Usually, these cases do not end well but she is my everything and I am throwing everything at it. Hoping to get lucky. I do not know if another horse is in my future or not. I want one but two is a real expense I don't know if I want to manage at this retirement stage in my life. We shall see. I am on the fence about the whole thing at the moment. Thanks for asking. It is my constant concern.
Truly hope it all works out out. You have spoken of it often, so i see the attachment. Money is one thing, caring for an animal you have a bond with surpasses that by far.

Reactions: Duke and Lynne