3-7-2021 Sunday Live Chat

I still remember having a couple of friends over in my teens with my bedroom window open and a towel wedged under the door, sharing a joint when my mum knocked loudly on the door!
'Ben! I know what you are doing in there!'
My friends just looked at me as the living looking at the dead.
'And it's rude to Bogart!'
We let her in and she was not impressed with the wreck of a joint and taught me how to do it properly. My mum!
It's really bad when your kid tries to sub oregano for your stash and then tries to say it wasn't him. HA! Busted one oldest kid.

• Haha
Reactions: Benway
I feel for your boys. It must have been rough trying to get away with anything.
LOL All you have to do is ask them. They tell stories about trying to build better shields. I once tracked one down at the beach on a school skip day. There's a lot of beach down the Pinellas County shoreline. Found him.

It's really bad when your kid tries to sub oregano for your stash and then tries to say it wasn't him. HA! Busted one oldest kid.
Wow. We only did that to a kid in the year below us at school who wanted to buy it from us. We thought he was too young and gave him something like that. I don't think we took his money, or at least I don't think we kept it! I mean he did stay friends...

Reactions: Debi
Wow. We only did that to a kid in the year below us at school who wanted to buy it from us. We thought he was too young and gave him something like that. I don't think we took his money, or at least I don't think we kept it! I mean he did stay friends...
It actually wasn't even mine. I had a friend stay over for a few days and she left it behind. I happened to see it and could SEE the difference in the bag. I was pretty straight and narrow due to my job by that time of my life, but my friend wasn't.

LOL All you have to do is ask them. They tell stories about trying to build better shields. I once tracked one down at the beach on a school skip day. There's a lot of beach down the Pinellas County shoreline. Found him.
I win the prize on this sort of thing. A girl I liked left and went to Crete. She had mentioned me going to but just left without telling me where on the island. In the end after questioning her family and having no leads as she didn't tell anyone, I just picked the tourist towns she might go to to work, then twirled my finger around with my eyes shut and went to the one I picked. First day out I walked out of my apartment and in less than an hour heard a 'Ben!??! Is that you??' I found her!

I win the prize on this sort of thing. A girl I liked left and went to Crete. She had mentioned me going to but just left without telling me where on the island. In the end after questioning her family and having no leads as she didn't tell anyone, I just picked the tourist towns she might go to to work, then twirled my finger around with my eyes shut and went to the one I picked. First day out I walked out of my apartment and in less than an hour heard a 'Ben!??! Is that you??' I found her!
You have homing pigeon in ya? lol

You have homing pigeon in ya? lol
Then years later she tried to kill me! :oops: There's a bestselling book in our relationship. Lately I spoke to her again. That wouldn't have happened if not for the pandemic! She may be a psycho, but we do know each other better than anyone and have been through everything from love to attempted murder, and that's a unique thing.

Then years later she tried to kill me! :oops: There's a bestselling book in our relationship. Lately I spoke to her again. That wouldn't have happened if not for the pandemic! She may be a psycho, but we do know each other better than anyone and have been through everything from love to attempted murder, and that's a unique thing.
Good grief! OK, seriously, I would read a book of your life, Ben. Start writing! lol

Good grief! OK, seriously, I would read a book of your life, Ben. Start writing! lol
With my health issues I can't get it together! Too much mental fog most of the time. A collection of internet Benway autobiographical posts and interviews with friends would be about it at the moment. I told my neighbours a short version of the story I keep hinting at here but never told anyone who didn't know parts already before. I'd love to tell that but it's long and really needs to be done justice. If I'm writing I want to do it well.

With my health issues I can't get it together! Too much mental fog most of the time. A collection of internet Benway autobiographical posts and interviews with friends would be about it at the moment. I told my neighbours a short version of the story I keep hinting at here but never told anyone who didn't know parts already before. I'd love to tell that but it's long and really needs to be done justice. If I'm writing I want to do it well.
Well, you wait for that clearing of the fog one day and tell it. We're hear and listening!