3-3-2024 Sunday Live Chat

I saw the first Dune movie back in 1984 and didn't care for it at all. So, I had no interest in seeing these newer ones. From what I've seen online, lots of people didn't like this last movie at all.
Frank Herberts mini series way better than the 84 movie, though I liked it :)
I saw part one of the new Dune, WAY better than all before, can't wait to see part 2 :D

I really hate to bail tonight, but I have to go pry my left eye open again...sigh.

May you all have a great evening and hope to see you all tomorrow. Do continue to compare movie notes!

I really hate to bail tonight, but I have to go pry my left eye open again...sigh.

May you all have a great evening and hope to see you all tomorrow. Do continue to compare movie notes!
Good night Debi
I will be posting something on DUNE :D

I saw the first Dune movie back in 1984 and didn't care for it at all. So, I had no interest in seeing these newer ones. From what I've seen online, lots of people didn't like this last movie at all.
It jumped around a lot with little to no plot explanation. I saw the original too, but it was so long ago I had totally forgotten. All I remembered was the box test of fear and the weird nun like ladies. So, I couldn't figure out who all the people were. It was confusing. The acting was good, but I think they could have written a better way of presenting the story so anyone not familiar with the story could have picked up enough to enjoy it too.

It jumped around a lot with little to no plot explanation. I saw the original too, but it was so long ago I had totally forgotten. All I remembered was the box test of fear and the weird nun like ladies. So, I couldn't figure out who all the people were. It was confusing. The acting was good, but I think they could have written a better way of presenting the story so anyone not familiar with the story could have picked up enough to enjoy it too.
The Books are way better ;)

Reactions: garnetsilver
More and more movies seem to be made this way nowadays and I don't like it either.

Reactions: Lynne
More and more movies seem to be made this way nowadays and I don't like it either.
They assume the viewer can follow their train of thought. Christopher Walkin is not looking too good these days. I know he is getting up there in age but he didn't look well at all.

Reactions: crux