3-3-2024 Sunday Live Chat

430081248_969475974544445_799829869260597253_n.jpg

We went to the show last night and saw Dune part 2. Hubby loved it and I was totally lost. It made little sense to me which was very frustrating. I asked him if I needed to watch the original one to be able to follow along with this one. He had already gone to see it opening day and wanted to see it again, so with the promise of popcorn and that I would like it, I agreed. It was two hours I will never get back. I am sure for those who are aware of the entire story it was very well done, but the director did not explain any prior events and there was a lot of jumping back and forth between planets and races etc. I was lost. I did like the big worms that appeared a couple of times.

Reactions: garnetsilver
We went to the show last night and saw Dune part 2. Hubby loved it and I was totally lost. It made little sense to me which was very frustrating. I asked him if I needed to watch the original one to be able to follow along with this one. He had already gone to see it opening day and wanted to see it again, so with the promise of popcorn and that I would like it, I agreed. It was two hours I will never get back. I am sure for those who are aware of the entire story it was very well done, but the director did not explain any prior events and there was a lot of jumping back and forth between planets and races etc. I was lost. I did like the big worms that appeared a couple of times.
I saw bits and pieces of the first one and was not impressed. I think it's pretty much a guy movie. Glad you at least got popcorn!

Reactions: Lynne
I saw bits and pieces of the first one and was not impressed. I think it's pretty much a guy movie. Glad you at least got popcorn!
That Zendia actress is in everything these days. She is a pretty good actress, but it gets a little tiresome seeing her in everything.

Reactions: garnetsilver
That Zendia actress is in everything these days. She is a pretty good actress, but it gets a little tiresome seeing her in everything.
My husband listens to a movie review show every Saturday night at midnight. I do hear her name a lot!

Reactions: Lynne
I saw the first Dune movie back in 1984 and didn't care for it at all. So, I had no interest in seeing these newer ones. From what I've seen online, lots of people didn't like this last movie at all.

I saw the first Dune movie back in 1984 and didn't care for it at all. So, I had no interest in seeing these newer ones. From what I've seen online, lots of people didn't like this last movie at all.
This is either one you love or hate. I was not on the love side of the equation. The critics hubs listened to agree with you.

Reactions: Ragnar0711 and crux