11-27-2020 Friday Live Chat

What kind of models? My hubs has done RC planes and cars. So has my Peoria son. He used to race what he built. I've had huge planes hanging from the ceiling of den at times!
Ship models most of the time. The Titanic was always a favorite.

He attempted one ship. It sank halfway through the build...lol
For models like that, they've got to be properly ballasted or they'll sink easily. I never understood why they would as a kid, but I do now. But I've gotten a lot of recommendations of YouTubers sinking their ship models as of late. Their channel, they can do what they want, but some of the models they're sinking aren't exactly cheap.

For models like that, they've got to be properly ballasted or they'll sink easily. I never understood why they would as a kid, but I do now. But I've gotten a lot of recommendations of YouTubers sinking their ship models as of late. Their channel, they can do what they want, but some of the models they're sinking aren't exactly cheap.
Oh, this one was simply one of those gigantic wooden ones with a million pieces and tall sails, etc. He didn't "sink" it in water, the project sank when he got tied up in too many small pieces and bad eyeballs. Now, he has CRASHED a few large model planes. We aren't talking the cheap stuff, either. We're talking the ones you take to an actual RC airport runway and fly. He had an AT6 with 7 foot wing span.

The biplane was also huge. That one was hanging from the ceiling for a year before he even tried to fly it.

My grandfather was into R/C Airplanes and cars. And some helicopters. His hobby was the best. We'd always get new R/C cars for Christmas.

Reactions: Debi
I actually think he may have even built a few of them.
My Peoria son still builds them. He likes to race them at a track for RC enthusiasts. When he was a young teen, about 14, he decided he wanted to race them and we obliged. I spent many a hot summer watching him race the adults and winning. One time on three tires...lol He's even still got his trophy's from that. Now he 3D builds his own parts.

Reactions: Lone Wolf