Worst invention

Roundabouts hands down, I hate them.
There are several roundabouts that have appeared in in and around where I live and I've made no effort to hide my feelings about them.

My son and I have even created our own version of history that says the Revolutionary War was fought because the colonists didn't want taxation without representation, to be forced to quarter British troops in their homes and having roundabouts put in their town roads. There was even a big protest in Boston by a group calling themselves "The Sons of Liberty" who were going dismantle all the roundabouts in the town and throw the pieces into the harbor. But when the got to the first roundabout and realized that picking up pieces of road wouldn't work they decided to go with plan B and throw tea into the harbor instead.

There are several roundabouts that have appeared in in and around where I live and I've made no effort to hide my feelings about them.

My son and I have even created our own version of history that says the Revolutionary War was fought because the colonists didn't want taxation without representation, to be forced to quarter British troops in their homes and having roundabouts put in their town roads. There was even a big protest in Boston by a group calling themselves "The Sons of Liberty" who were going dismantle all the roundabouts in the town and throw the pieces into the harbor. But when the got to the first roundabout and realized that picking up pieces of road wouldn't work they decided to go with plan B and throw tea into the harbor instead.
Bravo, well said, carry on.

Reactions: garnetsilver
Gotta think Lynne's roundabout pick is gaining traction. I can't stand them, especially when they put 4 in a row within a straight mile.
In mid October, a bunch of us went to a neighboring town hall board meeting to stop a residential development. We won and it really is a quality of life concern, being semi rural with old narrow roads leading in and out, potential well issues, ...Illinois people...

Anyway, this crooked town board put up a roundabout a few years ago. They really just wanted to take the State money. Put it on a four way stop with homes on every corner. Then, they built it undersized. It's little, like for Hot Wheels cars. It ain't safe, not near up to specs, accidents all the time.
Thankfully this neighboring town board is lame duck and will be replaced on January 1st.

Roundabouts are about as fun as living next to a crack house.

My town has decided to add either all roundabouts or the dreaded "J" turns all down the major 5 mile stretch of US 31 that is a main highway through the business district. Now, they may as well just have an ambulance at each of those J or R turns on standby. Instead of simply fixing the road, they are doing this. People are not happy.
I live here and can't even follow this insane set-up they want to implement.

Last edited:
Highly scented laundry products. Sometimes I can't open a window without polluting the entire house., when a neighbor is washing and drying their clothes. Most people don't know what clothes fresh off the clothes line smell like!
This is so true and one of my bugbears too!

My neighbour is forever doing piles of washing which she then hangs out to dry in her garden. Every time I go outside, instead of being able to smell the lovely, fresh air and flowers in my garden, all I can smell is her nasty chemical fabric conditioner!

This is so true and one of my bugbears too!

My neighbour is forever doing piles of washing which she then hangs out to dry in her garden. Every time I go outside, instead of being able to smell the lovely, fresh air and flowers in my garden, all I can smell is her nasty chemical fabric conditioner!
Ah, so revolting! People have forgotten what naturally clean clothes smell like, and now the stores are carrying extra strong scented stuff because these same people have built up a tolerance to the regular scented products.