What skills....

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
Remember we were all told we needed to learn something because we'd need it in life?

10406473_1245729788786446_1560270461227391285_n (Small).jpg

And what didn't do a bit of good?​

Typing , it has served me
In my case, both typing and algebra have been useful.
I tried to learn to type several times. My little pinkies just do not cooperate and I get the eegie-geebees , that is my hands and arms go spastic. I have to stop and shake it off. So it's back to index, middle, and thumb fingers.

I have pretty coordinated hands for mechanical objects, sports, swinging an axe, etc; just not typing. Axe as in splitting wood you evil minds. :)

I have no skills for real world application...... that's why I don't worry about the robot takeover....it wouldn't take a robot to put me out of business, heck, a well trained monkey could do it.

I tried to learn to type several times. My little pinkies just do not cooperate and I get the eegie-geebees , that is my hands and arms go spastic. I have to stop and shake it off. So it's back to index, middle, and thumb fingers.

I have pretty coordinated hands for mechanical objects, sports, swinging an axe, etc; just not typing. Axe as in splitting wood you evil minds. :)
:D

What Christie said. Learn how to learn. Found out in college that I have a learning disability. I can't code. So high math, music, and foreign language is impossible. Example, zapato is the Spanish word for shoe. A musical note written stands for a musical note played on an instrument. The letters, numbers and symbols in a math equation stands for something specific. Can't link A to B. Anyway, one thing always leads to another, and the IQ test I took that revealed this blew me away. The psychologist read all that from simple puzzles. She was like a psychic ! And became interested. The grad school professors worked on me to develop better learning strategies. Very thankful for that. It probably helped their professional development as well.

Reactions: 7Critter and Lynne
What Christie said. Learn how to learn. Found out in college that I have a learning disability. I can't code. So high math, music, and foreign language is impossible. Example, zapato is the Spanish word for shoe. A musical note written stands for a musical note played on an instrument. The letters, numbers and symbols in a math equation stands for something specific. Can't link A to B. Anyway, one thing always leads to another, and the IQ test I took that revealed this blew me away. The psychologist read all that from simple puzzles. She was like a psychic ! And became interested. The grad school professors worked on me to develop better learning strategies. Very thankful for that. It probably helped their professional development as well.
My entrance exam revealed I couldn't do simple math, I started taking Adderall and Ritalin to help me focus and I went from 6th-grade math to mastering algebra in six weeks. Problem is / was I was in a government program and in order for me to continue receiving my grant I had to stay abstinent from drugs and alcohol, little did I know ADHD medications contained methamphetamine. long story short, I found the key to my success but they took it from me and locked the door.