What skills....

Except for math, I'm one of the lucky ones who usually can look at something once and it will stick. Rarely cracked a book in school and came out with A's and B's...except for math. Math makes no sense to me beyond the basics of plus, minus, divide and multiply...and that is done with a calculator, thanks!

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
The waste of time classes tend to integrate a trendy flavor of the day book into the course, and you sit there reading and regurgitating crap, and you just know it.:(

And the other side of that coin is learning for example, how to administer and score the Rorschach ink blot test. Yes, ........ Score.:confused: Buggy whip making would have been more useful. Or a meta study on the efficacy of Mood Ring analysis on depressed left handed blue eyed Somoan chimney sweepers .:p

Reactions: Lynne and Debi
I would have to say nothing I learned in high school as helped me any at all.....I fluked out but eventually got my GED....I did two semesters at a local technical college where I was enrolled in the Funeral Service program...Sadly I ran out of money and had to withdraw before ever getting started....Many moons ago I did take some computer courses in the military but then computers were nothing like they are now....I learned to program in Pascal and took several other courses in computers as well.

As far as high school courses go Biology was always my favorite....I never hardly did the work and still passed with flying colors...I am with Debi on the Math part...I was never able to grasp beyond the simple stuff I was just not interested in it. But that said I have gotten into a new hobby called Astronomy and I wish I had been better at Math now.

All in all nothing I have learned in any school has helped prepare me for life outside a classroom...My military experience did more for preparing me than anything else I have ever done or taken....My only regret is I never finished Funeral Service school because that was what I wanted to do.......

Nothing learned in the classrooms have helped at all. Really useless imo, and this coming from an A student...However, the value of High School and University was developing Interpersonal Skills. Learning to interact and deal with a myriad of different types of people has proven invaluable. Ah, the stories I could tell, LOL....

I would have to say nothing I learned in high school as helped me any at all.....I fluked out but eventually got my GED....I did two semesters at a local technical college where I was enrolled in the Funeral Service program...Sadly I ran out of money and had to withdraw before ever getting started....Many moons ago I did take some computer courses in the military but then computers were nothing like they are now....I learned to program in Pascal and took several other courses in computers as well.

As far as high school courses go Biology was always my favorite....I never hardly did the work and still passed with flying colors...I am with Debi on the Math part...I was never able to grasp beyond the simple stuff I was just not interested in it. But that said I have gotten into a new hobby called Astronomy and I wish I had been better at Math now.

All in all nothing I have learned in any school has helped prepare me for life outside a classroom...My military experience did more for preparing me than anything else I have ever done or taken....My only regret is I never finished Funeral Service school because that was what I wanted to do.......
What about going back now to finish ?

What about going back now to finish ?

Not possible....And I simply cannot afford it.....Student loans are a pill to pay back. They are nice while you have them but paying them back is a bitch.....The cost of education is ridiculous.....Besides I will soon be 62 years old and retiring this year so money will be tight as it is.....I am afraid it will be one those of things that I will look back on and regret but as my mother use to say "want in one hand and poop in the other and see which one fills up first."

Not possible....And I simply cannot afford it.....Student loans are a pill to pay back. They are nice while you have them but paying them back is a bitch.....The cost of education is ridiculous.....Besides I will soon be 62 years old and retiring this year so money will be tight as it is.....I am afraid it will be one those of things that I will look back on and regret but as my mother use to say "want in one hand and poop in the other and see which one fills up first."
Yes I totally understand.

Reactions: Paintman
Just about everything I learnt at school has not come in handy. The most useful were French and Afrikaans because there are a lot of Afrikaans speaking employees where I work, so I can kind of understand what's being said in general discussions, and French has come into a bit of use because I recently took on a Francophone client. The only maths that has been beneficial after school was the basics (+ - x and ÷) and then BODMAS which I use in programming. Everything else was pointless.

Reactions: Paintman