What skills....

Sea, code in my case is the cognitive operation where a symbol, number, or word stands for something else. I can't link
The Spanish word zapato to mean a shoe.
A musical note on paper to a note played on an instrument.
A math equation where a+ b ÷ 18 = c.
But for that matter, computer code looks impossible as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lynne and Seahunter
Sea, code in my case is the cognitive operation where a symbol, number, or word stands for something else. I can't link
The Spanish word zapato to mean a shoe.
A musical note on paper to a note played on an instrument.
A math equation where a+ b ÷ 18 = c.
But for that matter, computer code looks impossible as well.
Ah, okay, got ya'. Not trying to be a wise a$$, but what about symbols like on the keyboard? You have &, @, %, etc. Do you recognize those when you see them as the word or function they represent, or would you just always use "and", "at", and "percent"?

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman
Years ago my mom and I sat down and compared her early 1960s Catholic high school education to my late 1980s Big Ten college education. I earned a BA in a soft science. Keeping in mind what courses were covered, and how they were graded, they appear to be equivalent. But in the big picture, in education you get out of it what you put into it. Like my current World War 1 studies.:)

Reactions: Seahunter
Psych 101 and sociology honestly. Knowing how minds work is great for marketing as well as conflict resolution. Probably why I’m so good at picking people’s brains :D

Sea, the learning disability is a matter of degree. Most keyboard symbols are instantly recognizable. Just like I know the Spanish word for shoe is zapato. But I can't use it in a sentence correctly. Or a musical note maybe a C minor. I would have no idea how to play it in relationship to the notes that follow it. My math max is simple algebra. I have a practical knowledge of levers, loads, fulcrums and pulleys. But I just eyeball it. I don't know what kind of math that is even called.:confused:
Coding is different from symbolism. Symbolism has a historical and social context. And I learned about it in my native tongue.:)

Sea, the learning disability is a matter of degree. Most keyboard symbols are instantly recognizable. Just like I know the Spanish word for shoe is zapato. But I can't use it in a sentence correctly. Or a musical note maybe a C minor. I would have no idea how to play it in relationship to the notes that follow it. My math max is simple algebra. I have a practical knowledge of levers, loads, fulcrums and pulleys. But I just eyeball it. I don't know what kind of math that is even called.:confused:
Coding is different from symbolism. Symbolism has a historical and social context. And I learned about it in my native tongue.:)
Thanks for splainin'! :)

Reactions: Paintman
16142556_995830980560603_9162783284065694536_n (Small).jpg

Reactions: Lynne and Paintman