Update from DW

As I warned everyone, this is hitting many of our podcasters HARD.

Dark Waters
1 hr ·
Guys over the next few days I will be making a few re uploads along with the new stories. The reason for this is that it looks like YouTube has cut revenues by 85-90%. I'm experimenting to see if more than one upload per day will make this project make sense. A few months ago I posted saying that the Fake News movement was going to effect us all especially people in the horror genre. That is because fake news was about censorship and not news..google's efforts to censor Alternative media has spilled over to everyone. I will keep you guys informed on what I do next. Just know that is why the re uploads will be happening.

I hope dark waters finds a way. "Fake news" was never the problem. CNN doesn't seem any more trustworthy than Alex Jones lately. So I think any of Googles attempts to block "fake news" is really just censorship. Google is using this censorship to drive their political agenda.

I hope dark waters finds a way. "Fake news" was never the problem. CNN doesn't seem any more trustworthy than Alex Jones lately. So I think any of Googles attempts to block "fake news" is really just censorship. Google is using this censorship to drive their political agenda.
Exactly , well said

Reactions: 7Critter and Debi
Control...it's all about control....

As I warned everyone, this is hitting many of our podcasters HARD.

Dark Waters
1 hr ·
Guys over the next few days I will be making a few re uploads along with the new stories. The reason for this is that it looks like YouTube has cut revenues by 85-90%. I'm experimenting to see if more than one upload per day will make this project make sense. A few months ago I posted saying that the Fake News movement was going to effect us all especially people in the horror genre. That is because fake news was about censorship and not news..google's efforts to censor Alternative media has spilled over to everyone. I will keep you guys informed on what I do next. Just know that is why the re uploads will be happening.
Unfortunately people like DW, Kevin Moore, and myself - we relied on revenue from our YouTube channel.
We relied on revenue that some third party entity could eventually yank from us because THEY deemed us to be too controversial for their advertisers.

Unfortunately people like DW, Kevin Moore, and myself - we relied on revenue from our YouTube channel.
We relied on revenue that some third party entity could eventually yank from us because THEY deemed us to be too controversial for their advertisers.

I don't think they were targeting people like you or DW. You were just the baby that got thrown out with the bathwater.

Reactions: Paintman and Lynne
I don't think they were targeting people like you or DW. You were just the baby that got thrown out with the bathwater.
What I find weird is the fact that non-controversial channels have been hit hard as well with a 75-90% reduction and many of their non-controversial videos are demonetized. Anywhere from beauty channels, random chit-chat, to automotive channels. YouTube is ensuring they'll become the next generation "MySpace". Many creators thought about leaving after the release of YouTube Red because revenue dropped 15-20%.

It was shared awhile back that YouTube is looking at keywords in the tags, description, title and within the transcription of all videos now. If anything is even remotely deemed controversial they will not allow advertising on that video. This means if an auto transcription was done and the transcription mistakes an innocent word "showed everybody up" for something like "shoot everybody up" that video will be deemed having no adverting value.

Reactions: Debi
What I find weird is the fact that non-controversial channels have been hit hard as well with a 75-90% reduction and many of their non-controversial videos are demonetized. Anywhere from beauty channels, random chit-chat, to automotive channels. YouTube is ensuring they'll become the next generation "MySpace". Many creators thought about leaving after the release of YouTube Red because revenue dropped 15-20%.
I still cannot see how this HELPS FB in any way by doing this. I'm with you, Bob...this is shooting themselves in the foot.

I still cannot see how this HELPS FB in any way by doing this. I'm with you, Bob...this is shooting themselves in the foot.
You Mean YouTube?
FB has rolled out a video service as well and with ad revenue sharing at the same percentage as YouTube.
You just have to be invited to it.