That Sound Reminds Me Of.....

I used to run in sprint races when young, when I hear a starting gun today my feet want to take off.
I loved sprinting! I have to get out to the field and go for it again while I still can. Dawn is best, before anyone else shows up. I live up a lot of stairs so my legs are in the best condition of any of me. You've inspired me! I don't remember the gun, but I do remember the rest of the memories it evokes. So that's a memory from a comment on a memory of a sound. :) Thanks Oz!

With all the talk about clocks around here, a song suddenly came to mind and took me back to my 4 or 5 yr. old self, eating breakfast in the kitchen while my mom listened to this on the radio. I was swinging my feet in time to the music and it was Frosted Flakes, I think! lol

With all the talk about clocks around here, a song suddenly came to mind and took me back to my 4 or 5 yr. old self, eating breakfast in the kitchen while my mom listened to this on the radio. I was swinging my feet in time to the music and it was Frosted Flakes, I think! lol

And then there's his other famous song:

When my daughter was in middle school, she was in the band and they did a pretty good rendition of The Syncopated Clock! It's always been a favorite with me, too. It brings up memories of staying up late and watching old movies with my brother. One station (can't remember which) would play that song at midnight.

Wood pigeons cooing reminds me instantly of summers at my old house growing up.
What is a wood pigeon and how did they get hot lol. This is a new one for me. I am just joking but I have no idea. Are these the clay ones that are used in target shooting?

Reactions: Selectric