Taking Flight...

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
August 19 is National Aviation Day!
What are your favorite parts about flying?
Do you like planes?
Do you prefer to just watch them?
What was the best flight or the worst flight you've ever taken?

1692409037589.png

I like flying! I have only ever taken maybe 8 flights in my life. The best one was when I saw an Aurora Borealis outside the plane window.

The worst flight was when there was a lot of turbulence; it felt like riding a roller coaster!

Not a great fan of planes, I don't like the idea of being in a metal object thousands of feet above the earth. I've only been on two flights and the second one had the turbulence thing happening, I was glad to land.

I dig flying. Just took a flight a few mnths back. Back in the day (late 90's) I would always drink Bloody marys on board. When I flew to DC back in '99 to visit my cousin, I drank my normal 2 but got some Indian woman to buy me 2 more. When I landed, I was quite drunk. Lol Like the "Drunk on a plane" song. Lol.
I love the window seat. It’s amazing how many baseball fields and especially Swimming pools people have! You also wanna be far in the back even tho I am usually on the damn wing. Reason is you are closer to the bathroom! Lol.
I’ve included a vid I shot a couple months ago, leaving in Los Angeles from the ground all the way to the sky. Enjoy.

Last edited:
Worst flight i had was one heading to Florida. The cabin pressure had to be way off and my head felt like it was in a vice. I saw multiple people in front of me holding their heads and the girl next seat up her nose started gushing blood. Best flight was coming back from England and i had the very front of coach lol. SOOO much leg room it was total freedom compared to the packed elbow to elbow flight there.

Worst flight i had was one heading to Florida. The cabin pressure had to be way off and my head felt like it was in a vice. I saw multiple people in front of me holding their heads and the girl next seat up her nose started gushing blood. Best flight was coming back from England and i had the very front of coach lol. SOOO much leg room it was total freedom compared to the packed elbow to elbow flight there.
A gusher huh! Lol. Damn. We keep saying we are gonna fly 1st class “one day”. Lol

Another strange flight was the one coming back from Jackson Hole, Wyoming. The super lovely TSA creeps swore i had something in my jeans lol. I am standing there in my socks and jean pockets inside out and felt like a total idiot lol. I'm like, dude...you are picking up the rivets in my jeans lol. That flight left from the tarmac and the one and only time i starting climbing the ladder and got such a feeling of dread like i was never coming home lol. I almost turned around and rented a car, but sucked it up and figured well, if it's my time, so be it lol. We landed perfectly lol.

I dig flying. Just took a flight a few mnths back. Back in the day (late 90's) I would always drink Bloody marys on board. When I flew to DC back in '99 to visit my cousin, I drank my normal 2 but got some Indian woman to buy me 2 more. When I landed, I was quite drunk. Lol Like the "Drunk on a plane" song. Lol.
I love the window seat. It’s amazing how many baseball fields and especially Swimming pools people have! You also wanna be far in the back even tho I am usually on the damn wing. Reason is you are closer to the bathroom! Lol.
I’ve included a vid I shot a couple months ago, leaving in Los Angeles from the ground all the way to the sky. Enjoy.
Amazing to see that. I still can't make my mind make it make sense that a huge heavy plane can fly.

I don't fear nor do I like flying. I just get on and hope for the best, keeping an eye on the stewardess. I figure if she looks ok, then we are probably ok. I have only flown a couple of times though.

Thanks for posting that video! I always try to get a window seat so that I can view the scenery, too. Once, on a flight from PA to NH, I was straining to see out the window, and a couple next to me were clutching their armrests and looking terrified. They looked at me as if I were crazy, lol.