People "on-line"

Just a thought. I have to comment on the use of real names for a moment. If any of you have had a situation of on line stalking and harassment, perhaps you can understand the reluctance of some people to put their real name out there. My using a "handle" doesn't diminish the sincerity of my presence here or my genuine enjoyment of my interactions with other members.
Garnet, you have every right and NEED to use a screen name here, as this is an open forum. And although I try to take out all trolls trying to hide under bridges here, for the ladies I totally recommend one for their own safety if they feel the need. You are as sincere as can be, this I know because we have interacted so much!

For me, as the Admin, it's kinda my job to be visible and knowable so people can trust me. But for those who use a screen name on an open forum, I totally get it.

Garnet, you have every right and NEED to use a screen name here, as this is an open forum. And although I try to take out all trolls trying to hide under bridges here, for the ladies I totally recommend one for their own safety if they feel the need. You are as sincere as can be, this I know because we have interacted so much!

For me, as the Admin, it's kinda my job to be visible and knowable so people can trust me. But for those who use a screen name on an open forum, I totally get it.
Why I don't use my real name, O'Duke.

Debi is right, in my previous post the two forums i was refering to were private and semi private forums. one you could post in with a screen name but in order to post in the members section you had to join and use your real name and it was by invite only, and after being vetted by others. for a women i would suggest never using your last name in any open forum type environment. private forums who require real names keep trolls to a minimum, whole different world.

Just a thought. I have to comment on the use of real names for a moment. If any of you have had a situation of on line stalking and harassment, perhaps you can understand the reluctance of some people to put their real name out there. My using a "handle" doesn't diminish the sincerity of my presence here or my genuine enjoyment of my interactions with other members.
I agree. I remember a friend who got fired from a job because of online harrassment and someone tracking him down and calling his boss telling them he was unfit to work with children. His boss did not even talk to him about it, just fired him. In the long run it was a good thing, he needed a different job, but it was horrible that someone could do that without him even knowing who it was. There are a lot of reasons not to use your real name even on a forum like this.

I don't remember using my real name for any postings...but here lol...first name anyway. I've said many times my name is Steve and i am an electrician...hence the user name. You can usually tell if someone is on a site/forum/etc and they are up to something. Chatting is one thing, but if you prod and prod someone for private info....yeah red flag. I may ask certain questions...but never to a point of really trying to invade..more just getting to know who i am talking to. Hell half the info i have given in this forum...probably could track me down pretty easy lol. Given enough landmarks etc of where i live lol.

I feel because of the nature of this site a lot like to keep it private. We write about our heart and soul a lot and don't want the negative people of the World to know and infiltrate our deepest thoughts and experiences.

I feel because of the nature of this site a lot like to keep it private. We write about our heart and soul a lot and don't want the negative people of the World to know and infiltrate our deepest thoughts and experiences.
Absolutely. I will not share every aspect, but the whole reason i came to this site was to talk about what i have experienced. The site had the highest rating of all the paranormal forums, but upon inspecting other parts of site (before i joined) it's not just about that, it about people. That's what drew me here.

Absolutely. I will not share every aspect, but the whole reason i came to this site was to talk about what i have experienced. The site had the highest rating of all the paranormal forums, but upon inspecting other parts of site (before i joined) it's not just about that, it about people. That's what drew me here.
I think the fairly strict rules of behavior here is what keeps it a great site. We all have our off/cranky days but some posters on sites are just out to hurt people because of their own demons. You cant take it personally but you don't want to listen to it, lol.

I think the fairly strict rules of behavior here is what keeps it a great site. We all have our off/cranky days but some posters on sites are just out to hurt people because of their own demons. You cant take it personally but you don't want to listen to it, lol.
I tend to go off track, but i try to keep it lite and friendly like most on the site.

Reactions: ozentity