My cryptid experience from 2009. NE Ohio on the PA line.

Dukes advice is great, find someone in the ohio/penn area and see if its a known spot, while semi rural it looks as though there are neighborhoods and farms nearby. even businesses of different types. it may take some digging to weed out what to follow, from google earth maps it looks like a prime "lovers lane" type setting for urban legends and boogie men stories for local teens. but it is populated so chances are quite a few people frequent the area for outdoor activities, should be other encounters to follow up on and get a better idea of what it may have been.

There are definitely tons of local legends in this area dating back to the 40's. If you google "Zombieland" Northeast Ohio you'll find out a lot about the area. I lived about 10 minutes across the state border at the time.

Reactions: Ragnar0711
There are definitely tons of local legends in this area dating back to the 40's. If you google "Zombieland" Northeast Ohio you'll find out a lot about the area. I lived about 10 minutes across the state border at the time.
Have you ever heard of the Ohio Grassman? That’s what they are called up there. I will research Zombieland…

I'm looking at pictures and researching grassman now. Could have definitely been what it was. Probably a juvenile though, considering it's size and small amount of hair compared to the images im seeing. The one thing though, this creature was possibly wearing shorts/loin cloth of some kind, maybe an animal skin or some other type of material (60% sure it was), at least that's what is engraved in my mental image of that day, but its posture made it difficult to tell, it was 14 years ago afterall.

Reactions: Selectric
Have you ever heard of the Ohio Grassman? That’s what they are called up there. I will research Zombieland…
If you wish, you can submit a report to our Group, TEXLA here.....http://www.texlaresearch.com/sightingreport.htm

We are a Bigfoot / Crypto group.

Reactions: koat88
I'm looking at pictures and researching grassman now. Could have definitely been what it was. Probably a juvenile though, considering it's size and small amount of hair compared to the images im seeing. The one thing though, this creature was possibly wearing shorts/loin cloth of some kind, maybe an animal skin or some other type of material (60% sure it was), at least that's what is engraved in my mental image of that day, but its posture made it difficult to tell, it was 14 years ago afterall.
Hmmmmmm. In that case, maybe not. I may have to agree with Oz, possibly a feral human. Tennessee has many sightings and reports of feral humans. From what I've seen, they are to be avoided! Pretty sure Tennessee. I cant say as I didnt see what you saw. Dang. I had a book which had sasquatch type creatures who have been seen wearing a loin cloth / kilt type but cant remember which it was. I gave that book away. I'll try and figure it out. Typically, sasquatches wear no clothing whatsoever.

Reactions: Lynne and koat88
possibly a feral human. Tennessee has many sightings and reports of feral humans.
nah, thats just my kin folk, i keep tellin'em to put on some dang clothes and quit scaring people but they fixed in their ways....sorry.
honestly though, while the thought of feral people is horrifying, i seriously have my doubts they are a reality. humans dont just go feral. and to have a breeding population of them would be unmistakable and easily found. we are hunter gatherers and to maintain a food source would have to be either nomadic or farmers. or actually both, especially in that climate/environment