My cryptid experience from 2009. NE Ohio on the PA line.

koat88

Reaction score
Me and my friends Would go fishing at the quarries about 10 miles from my Hometown. the entire area was around 200 acres with about 4 small lake sized quarries that were about 60ft deep in some spots. The quarry area was in a rural area that was fairly remote with plenty of woods nearby and adjacent. It was the end of August and 2 friends and I hoped in my truck and headed there. The area we were at that day was a small lake about 150x500ft and about 40ft deep at the deepest where we would catch bass and catfish all day long, it was a fishing oasis we called "bass beach" however it was only called that because it was a small dirt/sandy area that was around d 20x10ft at the bottom of a very steep path you had to walk down to reach it (think a 70° decline) about 60ft down. Well it was dusk, almost completely dark, basically twilight and we kept hearing a splashing sound, which wasn't uncommon because bass would jump here and there, at least a dozen times an hour, but this was louder and happening over and over about 100ft away. Finally the noise caught our attention enough to the point we were shushing each other. We then started to hear a cackling laugh sound, followed by more splashing, imagine an excited kid with down syndrome (don't know how else to describe the sound, sorry) At this point, we're looking at each other with puzzled looks, after about 15 seconds of silence, we hear splashing as if someone is running along the shoreline in a foot or more of water towards us. That's when we saw a figure over 6 feet tall, honestly could have been 7 feet, running through the water towards us. This thing could run in almost 2 feet of water faster that I could sprint (I was 20 years old 6'0 and 230lbs). It ran at full speed partially hunched forward as it sprinted, stopped about 20 feet in front of us, not a slow decent in speed, just a full stop from 100 to 0 instantly. This is where we got a look at it, as best we could considering it was nearly completely dark now. It stood somewhere between 6'6 and 7 feet, had thick hair, not bigfoot hair, like a thick human hair, couldn't tell if if was wearing any type of bottom clothing due to the way it was hunched as it stood there staring at us. After staring at us for about 10 seconds straight while making an exhaling sound rapidly and loudly, it turned to the left and scaled that 60ft 70° cliff in 10seconds flat (Me trying my hardest could climb back up in maybe 45 seconds). After standing silently for almost a minute after it was out of our sight, we looked at each other, pulled out 2 fishing knives, held them in the ready positions, gathered our gear, ascended the cliff, got in my truck, and floored it out of there, even left my stringer with 5 catfish on it behind. Have never seen this thing since that day. The way I would describe this thing would almost be like a bigfoot/human hybrid, although I don't believe in bigfoot lol. One friend that was with me that day has day has since passed on, but the other remembers it just as vividly as I do.

Hi koat, and welcome. Very interesting story, thanks for sharing it with us.

The story sounds familiar. Have you previously told that story on any radio shows or podcasts? I remember hearing a similar story that also took place in Ohio and included a description of the cryptid scaling a step hill/cliff. Since I also live in Ohio, the story caught my attention. I think it was on Coast to Coast, but it could have been on any number of podcasts I've listened to over the years.

Nope, never have done a podcast or called into Coast2Coast. I am an Art Bell fan though. If you happen to find the story that sounds similar to mine please let me know, I'd love to hear it.

Me and my friends Would go fishing at the quarries about 10 miles from my Hometown. the entire area was around 200 acres with about 4 small lake sized quarries that were about 60ft deep in some spots. The quarry area was in a rural area that was fairly remote with plenty of woods nearby and adjacent. It was the end of August and 2 friends and I hoped in my truck and headed there. The area we were at that day was a small lake about 150x500ft and about 40ft deep at the deepest where we would catch bass and catfish all day long, it was a fishing oasis we called "bass beach" however it was only called that because it was a small dirt/sandy area that was around d 20x10ft at the bottom of a very steep path you had to walk down to reach it (think a 70° decline) about 60ft down. Well it was dusk, almost completely dark, basically twilight and we kept hearing a splashing sound, which wasn't uncommon because bass would jump here and there, at least a dozen times an hour, but this was louder and happening over and over about 100ft away. Finally the noise caught our attention enough to the point we were shushing each other. We then started to hear a cackling laugh sound, followed by more splashing, imagine an excited kid with down syndrome (don't know how else to describe the sound, sorry) At this point, we're looking at each other with puzzled looks, after about 15 seconds of silence, we hear splashing as if someone is running along the shoreline in a foot or more of water towards us. That's when we saw a figure over 6 feet tall, honestly could have been 7 feet, running through the water towards us. This thing could run in almost 2 feet of water faster that I could sprint (I was 20 years old 6'0 and 230lbs). It ran at full speed partially hunched forward as it sprinted, stopped about 20 feet in front of us, not a slow decent in speed, just a full stop from 100 to 0 instantly. This is where we got a look at it, as best we could considering it was nearly completely dark now. It stood somewhere between 6'6 and 7 feet, had thick hair, not bigfoot hair, like a thick human hair, couldn't tell if if was wearing any type of bottom clothing due to the way it was hunched as it stood there staring at us. After staring at us for about 10 seconds straight while making an exhaling sound rapidly and loudly, it turned to the left and scaled that 60ft 70° cliff in 10seconds flat (Me trying my hardest could climb back up in maybe 45 seconds). After standing silently for almost a minute after it was out of our sight, we looked at each other, pulled out 2 fishing knives, held them in the ready positions, gathered our gear, ascended the cliff, got in my truck, and floored it out of there, even left my stringer with 5 catfish on it behind. Have never seen this thing since that day. The way I would describe this thing would almost be like a bigfoot/human hybrid, although I don't believe in bigfoot lol. One friend that was with me that day has day has since passed on, but the other remembers it just as vividly as I do.
Thanks for posting your experience Koat88. Welcome to the forum. Good thing whatever it was didn't get aggressive and moved on.

I'm fairly sure whatever it was, it was just a show of force, maybe a scare tactic. Definitely think it was partly curiosity too. We didn't take any chances at the time though that's for sure. I've gone back to that spot a handful of times over the years and have never seen anything similar again, other than some strange distant noises. If anyone is curious about the geography of the area I can pull some satellite images.

I'm fairly sure whatever it was, it was just a show of force, maybe a scare tactic. Definitely think it was partly curiosity too. We didn't take any chances at the time though that's for sure. I've gone back to that spot a handful of times over the years and have never seen anything similar again, other than some strange distant noises. If anyone is curious about the geography of the area I can pull some satellite images.
Reminds me of whatever i saw only difference being it had no hair or any features. It resembled a solid shadow coming out of the woods. I also never seen that again, though not complaining lol. Scared the crap out of me lol.

images would be cool, of the location and surrounding area for maybe 10 miles out