Is 'technical trouble' really the problem?

Do you think the evening's guest should be divulged ahead of time?

• Yes

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • 'No'ory

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters
to point this time around as to paint's comments. yes to wls or wind, however i believe what is happening, as art mentions in his comments, is he is offering a contractual arrangement and the big boys are coming back with their version as a compromise. i would believe that the independents can bend rules more easily to fit art's business model. wind would fit into that category even though it is a bigger company and the owner has several stations. there's elgin 1410am, aurora 1280am and some other surrounding am's that might work but art is over nite and most all of these, including the collar counties and the indiana types paint mentions, power down after sunset! the key to the chicago market is covering chicago! i like the idea as possibly a scenario of such- wind am 560 as a stepping stone to wls am 890...o m g! as art would say....that would put him up where he belongs...oh btw- if you really are into trucker radio (i love it) get the real deal out of cinnci 11p thru over nite on 700 am wlw (really good stuff, great hosts, lots of callers and not just all about or for truckers!)...sorry for the local flavor to this post, however keep in mind that a station like wls 890 am booms all over the country east of the rockies!

Last edited:
Reactions: Paintman
Thanks booksdates. Right on w/ John and Amy, but at least Dan Proft :) got away from Bruce Wolf:eek:. My bad re: Wind's tower. Always thought that was in Tinley Park. Adjust 50 miles accordingly ! I'm in Lowell and like WKAN in Kankakee. Same shows I like on wls/wind but with different commercials. As for powering down signals at night, thanks that explains a lot. Neverknew. I'm glad you think we have a chance getting Art on a big station. Sounds like you are in the know about the radio business. PS, w/ WLS's program changes, I am reminded of "WMAQ's gonna make you rich!" they made fatal program changes and are kapoot.:( thanks for the short wave idea.
Sorry for the inside baseball, gang, these are giant stations with lots of history and many midwesterners may know of them.

Thanks booksdates. Right on w/ John and Amy, but at least Dan Proft :) got away from Bruce Wolf:eek:. My bad re: Wind's tower. Always thought that was in Tinley Park. Adjust 50 miles accordingly ! I'm in Lowell and like WKAN in Kankakee. Same shows I like on wls/wind but with different commercials. As for powering down signals at night, thanks that explains a lot. Neverknew. I'm glad you think we have a chance getting Art on a big station. Sounds like you are in the know about the radio business. PS, w/ WLS's program changes, I am reminded of "WMAQ's gonna make you rich!" they made fatal program changes and are kapoot.:( thanks for the short wave idea.
Sorry for the inside baseball, gang, these are giant stations with lots of history and many midwesterners may know of them.
ok gotcha then you're across the border a hoosier...yep i still reside in the "land of leaving" old honest abe land! just a fan really. made my bones in the entertainment industry (not radio) but now pretty much retired. i count art on a list of about 10 that i consider the top 10 talkers of all time! i go way back with the original "talknet" nbc conglomerate out of new york! they had some line up.... i would have a program production note if art is out there listening to us (hope, hope, hope). not to go overboard on that paranormal aspect with the shows that lead into his and out! this of course is on his internet network and i don't know how he is involved of course. it's just that what art does is what art does! i don't want to hear 4 art bell clones before his show and then 4 afterwards. when he lands those big watt stations his lead in and out would be determined by the network so i for one would love to see a variety of great talkers and programs right there on his internet network! yeah in the meantime you should be able to pick up that sw station out of nashville or even wbcq out of the new york area "the planet". put them all in memory and just click in and out as the station fades. that is what i do, however that nashville sw station usually booms in! happy listening everyone!

Reactions: Paintman
Well of course I know of them! :D
He he.. when I was at IU I'd tune into the LOOP's rebroadcast of Steve and Gerry at midnight. My dormmate from Elgin would join me for laughs and snacks...................and somethings never change.:)

Reactions: booksdates and Debi
He he.. when I was at IU I'd tune into the LOOP's rebroadcast of Steve and Gerry at midnight. My dormmate from Elgin would join me for laughs and snacks...................and somethings never change.:)
We're beginning to sound like a Chicago gang around here....lol :p:D

Reactions: booksdates
We're beginning to sound like a Chicago gang around here....lol :p:D
gang? pahhhh lllle zzzzze....we're a circle of friends of italian american decent! hehehehe...wait debi? you're from the land of alphonso de capone oh?....fuggetabouit....i dont know nothin!

Reactions: Debi
gang? pahhhh lllle zzzzze....we're a circle of friends of italian american decent! hehehehe...wait debi? you're from the land of alphonso de capone oh?....fuggetabouit....i dont know nothin!
Born and raised in Hobart, IN.....da region rat, thank you!

Reactions: booksdates
ok gotcha i am surrounded by hoosiers! 62 y/o in chi-town... not only do i know the streets i know the alleys! an ol' alley rat at heart! hahahahaha!...own in the west loop (tenants work in whiting, in..go figure!) and rent in jefferson park. know many business people that reap the benefits of a big city like chi, but live either across the border in wis or ind! happens all the time....oh btw i know plas follows along...sw has been not so good these last few days! yep, we need "the art" to come to chi town am! tablet, laptop...too much of a hassle when i just want to put the little bed stand radio next to me and listen to our art!

Reactions: Debi