Impacts of COVID

Nothing really changed other than drinking V-8 more often. The traffic has gotten far worse after Covid. People drive exactly 3 miles under the speed limit now and completely forgot what the lines on the roads mean lol. I never got the shot or boosters since well frankly, my gut told me not to. I see more people who have gotten them and have strange ailments they did not have before. I never got sick working through the entire pandemic. I was exposed to numerous people and unbelievable craziness. I never changed my habits nor washed my hands 150 times a day. You build immunity from those things and washing them away, you lose that aspect of everyday life. It was a crazy time in our life for sure. It was an up close and at times personal view into how people really act when in distress. I don't want to know what will happen when things really go downhill for society. Dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria? ;bg2

One other change I've made is leaning more on alternative medicine. I'm so disillusioned over what the medical system has become over the last few years that I'm using supplements and alternative treatments to battle what the healthcare system won't. Many of the healthcare changes happened during the Covid era, and I have to admit I have lost faith in how this new system works..or doesn't work, as the case may be. I went from one doctor who knew me and managed my care quite well to 4 docs who have no idea outside of the body part they are treating.

Not saying for sure if it helped or not but I used something called Thieves Oil during the pandemic. It was supposedly based upon a recipe used by thieves during times of plague, and they drenched a bit of fabric with it and tied it around their nose and mouth while they looted those who had died. It is believed that this oil prevented them from getting sick. I found the recipe and made up a batch, and used a few sprinkles on my mask whenever I went out of the house.

Not saying for sure if it helped or not but I used something called Thieves Oil during the pandemic. It was supposedly based upon a recipe used by thieves during times of plague, and they drenched a bit of fabric with it and tied it around their nose and mouth while they looted those who had died. It is believed that this oil prevented them from getting sick. I found the recipe and made up a batch, and used a few sprinkles on my mask whenever I went out of the house.
The potential benefits of thieves oil include boosting the immune system, promoting respiratory health, and fighting microbes. Although some of these benefits are anecdotal, the individual components of thieves oil have been shown to have antimicrobial properties, promote wound healing, and may provide pain relief.

I raised and used herbs for years and fell out of the habit. I used to sell what I grew at Farmer's Markets and festivals. Time for me to get back to that. Sometimes I think the old ways may be more beneficial than some of our fancy artificial remedies. Now, I DO believe that there are many drugs out there essential to treat things beyond herbs. My son said it was essential for him to integrate the two to help him beat back his cancer and I agree with him. The first chemo he did was without turmeric...that chemo did nothing. The second round was with turmeric and that chemo beat it back. The docs have this documented as it's one of the approaches they are studying, as he is treated at a hospital involved in these studies.

Now, I DO believe that there are many drugs out there essential to treat things beyond herbs.
I agree Debi, even though I'm a fan of herbal remedies I think they were put here more for their soothing qualities than life saving abilities. More to allow the body to arm itself against illness, a helping hand through life.

I agree Debi, even though I'm a fan of herbal remedies I think they were put here more for their soothing qualities than life saving abilities. More to allow the body to arm itself against illness, a helping hand through life.
I think if we can get out of the "one or the other" mindset and use them to enhance each other we would be well served!

I raised and used herbs for years and fell out of the habit. I used to sell what I grew at Farmer's Markets and festivals. Time for me to get back to that
Well apart from that being a great hobby I know you would put your special energy into the herbs, I don't think mass produced ones could match this, like the difference between home grown and mass farmed veggies, a world apart.