Impacts of COVID

I now wash/sanitizer my hands multiple times a day, and we keep a "just in case" stash of toilet paper, paper towels, pasta, canned goods, N95 masks, prescription meds, etc. I also am more diligent about taking vitamins and supplements.

One thing we're haven't done in over four years is go to a movie. Got out of the habit, and just haven't missed it.

One thing we're haven't done in over four years is go to a movie. Got out of the habit, and just haven't missed it.
All the Cinema's in Franklin closed 12/31/2023. They said they simply could not make enough revenue as many people no longer wish to sit in a theater but prefer to stream movies at home.

I think our whole world shifted during that time. It did not change a lot for me as I was already pretty much homebound, but it did change a lot in how I purchased things and how they got picked up by my son. And it's also changed my supplies at home. We have much more in the way of canned back up food and, of course, the meds and toilet paper.

The biggest impact has been getting meds with the supply chain issues. That can take some very creative sourcing!

One thing that mostly affects people with respiratory issues, is the prolific use of scented sanitizer products. Sometimes I will feel affected if someone nearby is wearing strongly scented hand sanitizer, and I seem even more sensitive now than before.

When shopping I get a handful of sanitizer at the front of the shop and smear it all over the trolly. I've had some really weird bouts of illness since being vaccinated for covid, i didn't want the shots and now I know why.

One thing that mostly affects people with respiratory issues, is the prolific use of scented sanitizer products. Sometimes I will feel affected if someone nearby is wearing strongly scented hand sanitizer, and I seem even more sensitive now than before.
That is sooooooo true, Garnet! Even before I had major respiratory issues I couldn't walk by a perfume aisle and breathe without coughing. I did manage to find an unscented version of sanitizer but I somehow have the nose of a bloodhound now and can smell it on others a mile away.