Hawking's warning

Eh--Hawking was something of a flake, and overrated.
Also I doubt he was the smartest guy in the world. Maybe he was the smartest in his field but couldn’t possibly be the smartest.

Also I doubt he was the smartest guy in the world. Maybe he was the smartest in his field but couldn’t possibly be the smartest.
I doubt most of what he "said" was actually his own words. I tend to believe he was mostly dumb in his later years and was being used as a remote controlled robot for another person's agenda. It has happened before.
Plus, speculation such as the above is what this forum is about. HAHA

Reactions: Charleh
I doubt most of what he "said" was actually his own words. I tend to believe he was mostly dumb in his later years and was being used as a remote controlled robot for another person's agenda. It has happened before.
Plus, speculation such as the above is what this forum is about. HAHA
What you said is likely very true.
I found this blurb on MRI research demonstrates ALS attacks multiple parts of the brain

“Recently published studies by a researcher in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry demonstrate that ALS -- known as Lou Gehrig's disease -- damages neurons in parts of the brain responsible for cognition and behaviour.”

Not to mention Stephen Hawking could only communicate with his computer at about 20 words a minute two decades ago, and nearing his death could only type one word per minute.

Before his death his system was upgraded to where he could double that speed.

(Source: Stephen Hawking gets synthesiser upgrade )

I think you got yourself a case, BOB.

Reactions: Lynne
What makes you think so?
Just years of speaking to people like Michio Kaku. Plus it doesn't take much to conclude he probably wasn't working on his own cognitive prowess during the latter part of his life. Before he was stricken, nobody would deny that man was a genius. But he greatly diminished to the point where he was only "functioning" through the usage of computers.

Terri Schiavo was essentially in the same "vegetative state" as Dr. Hawking, they proclaimed her to be brain dead. Hawking, however had money and resources so those in charge were able to manipulate his articulation through the usage of crude computer systems. Either Terri was not brain dead and she was murdered, or Dr. Hawking was a living corpse being used as a puppet.

Reactions: Charleh
Just years of speaking to people like Michio Kaku. Plus it doesn't take much to conclude he probably wasn't working on his own cognitive prowess during the latter part of his life. Before he was stricken, nobody would deny that man was a genius. But he greatly diminished to the point where he was only "functioning" through the usage of computers.

Terri Schiavo was essentially in the same "vegetative state" as Dr. Hawking, they proclaimed her to be brain dead. Hawking, however had money and resources so those in charge were able to manipulate his articulation through the usage of crude computer systems. Either Terri was not brain dead and she was murdered, or Dr. Hawking was a living corpse being used as a puppet.
Thanks for the clarification. I originally took your comments to be a denial of his work [which I would debate you on], but yes, I have also heard the rumors that he was being beaten by his wife and manipulated by some of his students. It's out of my scope of interest, though, so I've never pursued it.

Reactions: DELETED
Eh--Hawking was something of a flake, and overrated.
Hmm, I wonder how I would function in that condition. I always admired his courage to challenge the universe no matter what was thrown at him he kept moving forward. Remember it isn't how hard you hit it's always how hard we can get hit and keep moving forward. I know that's from a movie but it rings true, Stephan Hawking was hit very hard by life at an early age and never allowed himself to be pitied by others. If anyone had the right to be self-righteous it was him and yet he was not. To be bound in chains your whole life and finally you get to stretch your legs would be the goal of most people in his shoes but he reached for the stars and he got them.

I admire you in ways, Bob, you are a great radio host and you always took the time to talk with others because you are real. I hope you someday find that passion again.

Reactions: DELETED