9/29/2015 (Tuesday) Live Chat - Steven Starr (Global Thermo-Nuclear)

Oh, we're already in it, hon. Been there for a bit now.
yeah i know... but how come they cant hide it better. It's just a war for pete's sake, not a UFO

yeah i know... but how come they cant hide it better. It's just a war for pete's sake, not a UFO
Oh no, me dear...they want us to know this one. It's that fear thing that they can use to drive the economy for war prep.

Reactions: Maphoo
I see our foreign policy is shining as bright as possible. Must mean it's time for the Gimme Party to get out the vote again!

Reactions: Debi
I see our foreign policy is shining as bright as possible. Must mean it's time for the Gimme Party to get out the vote again!
I knew there was a shovel ready project out there somewhere!

Reactions: Debi
Ahhh, yes. You will notice the Syria thing is heating up again and the war drums are pounding in the background.

did we not slash our defense budget in favor of all these domestic pet projects and bloating of government. Hmm.

Well, SURE we did...but that doesn't mean they can't fund what they wish whenever they wish! Poof! Print more money....or just take it from another coffer.....

nuclearexplosion2.jpg

US nuclear ‘upgrades’ in Europe
POSTED ON SEPTEMBER 29, 2015 IN GOVERNMENT, POLITICS | 80 VIEWS | LEAVE A RESPONSE

Modernizations of security perimeters around nuclear bomb vaults and infrastructure at the six US air bases were continuing apace, reported the Frankfurter Rundschau (FR) newspaper on Wednesday.

Moscow reacted on Wednesday saying it would take countermeasures if the US placed new nuclear weapons in Germany.

“Unfortunately, if this step is implemented it may disrupt the strategic balance in Europe,” said Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov.

The US provided the bulk of the funding but extras such as runway refurbishments came out of the national budgets of the five ‘guest’ NATO partners – Germany, Belgium, Italy, the Netherlands and Turkey.

Congress boosted spending in 2011 after an air force review concluded that “most” US storage sites in Europe did not meet US defense department standards.

The FR cited the non-governmental Berlin Institute for Transatlantic Security (BITS) and findings of the nuclear-critical Federation of American Scientists (FAS) compiled from budgetary data given to the US Congress.

Nuclear vaults reinforced

FAS researcher Hans M. Kristensen said commercially available aerial photos showed new perimeter construction works around 12 aircraft shelter-vault complexes at the US Aviano air base in Italy and 21 such aircraft shelters at Incirlik, where the perimeter had double fencing and intrusion detection equipment.

Special weapons maintenance trucks were also being replaced and upgraded, he said.

Incirlik, close to war-torn Syria, has been used in recent months for US-led airstrikes on jihadist IS militants in Syria.

Those activities have coincided with a Russian military buildup via Tartus, a Soviet-era naval base in Syria’s coastal Mediterranean region of Latakia.

Read More: DW.COM