9/29/2015 (Tuesday) Live Chat - Steven Starr (Global Thermo-Nuclear)

i upgraded my reg tunein back in 2013ish to get the ability to rec prog's and you can also rewind live feed. i think it was 5 or 6 bucks then
I bought mine for the iPad several years ago as well. I don't remember the price at the time, but it's $9.99 now.

there may be a free app out now, back then i didnt have my laptop, and i dont recall finding a free app that had the func's tunein pro did then. i would definately look around now, its been 5 or 6 years
If there is a free app that has Tunein Pro's functionality, I haven't found it. I searched for one for my phone (Android) and finally gave up and settled for having the free version of Tunein on it. I couldn't bring myself to purchase the app a second time at a higher price...

Edit: Hmmm. Actually, Audials will record and is free in the Play store. Unfortunately, if you want to record Dark Matter Radio, it isn't one of the available streams.

Last edited:
Reactions: DoTell and Maphoo
After Debi left last night, the whole crowd went bye bye. I think we had about five left, and that might be a stretch. I can only see one solution to this dilemma. Debi must become immune to resting her body.
I think time travel is in order. ( rest, travel back in time for live postings, travel back to present, repeat as necessary )

Reactions: Seahunter and surge
Hey, just because I leave at night does not mean you all have to play follow the birdie! lol

I bought mine for the iPad several years ago as well. I don't remember the price at the time, but it's $9.99 now.

If there is a free app that has Tunein Pro's functionality, I haven't found it. I searched for one for my phone (Android) and finally gave up and settled for having the free version of Tunein on it. I couldn't bring myself to purchase the app a second time at a higher price...

Edit: Hmmm. Actually, Audials will record and is free in the Play store. Unfortunately, if you want to record Dark Matter Radio, it isn't one of the available streams.
TuneIn Pro is a real little gem for time shifting. I picked it up in August or September 2012 when GP ran their $.25 sale to celebrate 25 million app downloads. I have found the dev to be helpful and responsive throughout the upgrades and OS changes. Easy to record and hear.

Reactions: surge

After digging into Audials a bit deeper last night, I discovered that Dark Matter Radio is indeed available! What I'm not sure about is whether it is there by default, or if I added it. I had attempted several times to add the feed manually and each time received a message saying that I had been unsuccessful. Then last night I found it while browsing through the feeds for talk radio. Either way, it's there now. :)

Reactions: Debi