9/16/2015 - David Weatherly - Paranormal Investigator

I have a scanner from years ago, and usually those scanners have a bunch of freqs blocked out. well mine had the option of programming by pc (which was brand new concept then), so I could program the upper and lower limits of the locked bands, and just go exploring. the coolest thing i remember was hearing some of the older analog cell phones :)
My dad had a cb with upper, lower side band, below channels, and all of that 70's illegal stuff

Reactions: Maphoo
My dad had a cb with upper, lower side band, below channels, and all of that 70's illegal stuff
yeah, i remember them. i actually tuned them myself back then

The only problem was that there were so many toggle switches I never knew what it was set for

The only problem was that there were so many toggle switches I never knew what it was set for
Lol, yep. I used to repurpose a couple switches already built in but performed nearly no action. so with 2 buttons, you coulld actually achieve 3 extra settings for 1-channels 41-72 or something 2 would take you 70 to 104 108 or higher if you had another crystal (basically up in the ham band) then 3- both buttons together, i could usually get about 17 below 1. it would go further down, but by then you have no xmit power left because of the way the radios were constructed.

Lol, yep. I used to repurpose a couple switches already built in but performed nearly no action. so with 2 buttons, you coulld actually achieve 3 extra settings for 1-channels 41-72 or something 2 would take you 70 to 104 108 or higher if you had another crystal (basically up in the ham band) then 3- both buttons together, i could usually get about 17 below 1. it would go further down, but by then you have no xmit power left because of the way the radios were constructed.
Then I would print out a "road map" so you know where the heck you were, and going..

Yeah I remember dad saying not to use my handle on some of those channels. He used it to talk to a friend of his pre cell phone days

Yeah I remember dad saying not to use my handle on some of those channels. He used it to talk to a friend of his pre cell phone days
yep. and ch 99 is the highest channel before you get to 28.000 mhz Ham... which you must have a license

I am wanting to get into ham radio. I need to do some research first though.

Yeah i've been thinking about it for awhile.. It isnt too difficult with some studying and taking the practice tests online, to get a technician license, I wanted to go for the General license, but I need a bit more studying to do yet. one thing i want to do is listen to those bands on my police scanner and see what kind of activity is going on around here.