9/11/15 LIVE CHAT Paranormal Open Lines

"Those that are murderers and deal in hatred and evil sacrifice their own "sacredness" and are no longer due the respect."
That is based YOUR interpretative Bias on what is hatred (and whether that is a bad thing-they may not) and what is evil.
They may not share YOUR INTERPRETATION, AKA BIAS.
The only problem is who decides where and what the line is.?
According to their belief system, they are not sinning, but are doing what they BELIEVE TO BE Allah's wishes.
So the Broad Paintbrush of Religious Respect becomes problematic over WHO decides who's religion is evil and who's isn't, and who is drawing what line-where.
They could just as easily say-based on your logic that-
You via your Bias are labeling these devoutly religious people as hateful evil murderers, because you do not share their beliefs. :)

"
There is a HUGE difference between good and evil, my friend. Those that are murderers and deal in hatred and evil sacrifice their own "sacredness" and are no longer due the respect. When you cross the line into evil intent, then the respect is gone.

There is no "good" or "evil" in this sense, read the Noble Truths. The solutions to your problems are within yourselves not outside. Ultimately there is just action and reaction; cause and effect

You're playing word games here, Rolede. Simply put, when someone does not hold another person's life as theirs to keep safe and violates their right to that life, they violate all rules of society as a whole. It's not even a religious thing. It's flat out respect for that person's right to life. How you or I interpret that may vary, but the right to exist is the most basic rule of life there is. Now, taking out "good and evil", per Bukowski there, the basics of society dictate that those who cross the line and take a life forfiet their own right to run free.

Reactions: 7Critter
Broad Paintbrush Problem again-
" Simply put, when someone does not hold another person's life as theirs to keep safe and violates their right to that life, they violate all rules of society as a whole"
Using your "Debi Broad Brush", soldiers , Knights Templars, Crusaders , Union Soldiers, Confederate Soldiers- American Revolutionists,-all guilty.

Isis probably view themselves as revolutionists, crusaders.

But coming back to the "Due Respect" thing. While I may respect someones right to their own beliefs, that does not translate to my obligation of anything due to them in respecting their religion. I don't respect any religion as I consider them illogical and absurd. They may contain some good philosophical points, but beyond that, they are just a carefully crafted brainwashing (Sunday school, etc.) of very impressionable child minds at an early age, which will believe anything an adult tells them be it Bogie Man, Tooth Fairy, Santa,God, even to the point of wearing explosive vests and killing themselves for god.
So I respect their right to believe anything they want, but never their belief, or said another way, I respect their right to be stupid.

In case you missed the rules, here's the one that currently applies:

We are a troll free forum and will keep it that way for your enjoyment. Baiting, confrontational, or provoking comments will not be tolerated. Warnings will be issued for these offenses, and after three warnings there is an automatic ban.

"Also, if you are going to cite a passage or work, please reference the post to give credit to the original author."

WRONG I tried to quote someone else and gave credit to them from another site and was faulted for doing so by Debi !
Not wrong, misquoted. If someone posts another's work - such as a guest or expert, they should be credited or quoted. You are talking about quoting a member on another forum, which we do not allow so there are not forum wars and claims of taking their material. I was talking about citing PROFESSIONAL sources, not Joe Blow from another site.