9/08/2015 - Art Interviews Debbie Anderson

Hey, she beat me back! Thank you so much for visiting us!

I hope nobody gets too offended that I bundled some questions in with my email.

Q: I have read in your bio that your first introduction to the Blue Star tradition came in 1991. Prior to this, did you consider yourself very spiritual? In what ways, if any, did your spiritual journey (or, perhaps, yearning for one) manifest before you met Fred Buck?
A: I was absolutely drawn to Witchcraft and the Old Gods before meeting Fred. My undergraduate degree is in Classical Humanities from The George Washington University, and those mythology classes always seemed more like religion classes to me. I'd read a book by Laurie Cabot, and I worked in a health food store in Bowie, MD, that was frequented by a lot of Witches.

Q: As a criminal defense attorney, you are responsible for many good works that go unacknowledged. In what ways do your beliefs inform your outlook on your career? For example, do you believe that helping people in this way is mandated in some cosmic sense, or perhaps does your spiritual path call for self-sacrifice or instill in you a need for justice?
A: Thank you, first of all, for seeing what I do as "good works." I, and most other criminal defense attorneys, are used to having insults hurled at us, as in "How can you defend THOSE PEOPLE?" I certainly see that there are unseen forces at work in every so-called crime. Especially in DC, especially in poorer neighborhoods, today's criminal was yesterday's victim. We come together to learn lessons, and some of those lessons are perhaps not that pleasant. My own life has taught me how easy it is for others to be stepped on, and how important it is to have somebody to fight for you.

Q: In what ways, if any, do you find the witchcraft community (if that is the correct term) is hindered by infighting? Feuding factions, fallings-out over nuances in beliefs, etc?
A: Too many to go into here right now. However, I do suggest reading Umberto Eco's How to Become a Knight of Malta.

Q: I understand you've been listening to Art for a couple decades now. This must be an exciting day for you. What is your favorite topic or guest from shows past?
A: It is an INCREDIBLY exciting, not to mention scary, day for me. My favorite guests have been Graham Hancock, Michiu Kakou, and Evelyn Paglini.

Debbie sounds like she has a wealth of knowledge and experience to share. Let's politely bother her with our questions until she gives us all her wisdom! :)

Deborah Anderson,
I will looking forward to your time spent with Art.
Do NOT know much about your witching tradition...BUT will listening !
I AM very interested also in the co-freemasonry you are involved with.
I am a Past Master of Blue Lodge and Scottish Rite also.
Indianapolis, Indiana has one of the most beautiful Scottish Rite buildings in the world...also a wonderful library.
I am also interested in Theosophy and Madame Bladvarsky. I won an Adyar 6 volume edition 1938...are any of your beliefs based in Theosophy ?

Question:
Do people choose a path in witch practice after much study of differing traditions...
OR
is it more as traditional so to speak and path chosen is that to which you are born in to or your close first contact in a path is practicing ??

Reactions: AwakeningBeast
Question:
Do people choose a path in witch practice after much study of differing traditions...
OR
is it more as traditional so to speak and path chosen is that to which you are born in to or your close first contact in a path is practicing ??
Speaking for myself, Dero, I was exposed to many religions in my youth, including the Native Spirituality of my father. For me, I was pulled to Wicca for many reasons, including the Goddess impact in my life. As I've said recently here, I've now moved almost out of what could be classified as pure witchcraft, and into a more Mystic range of belief, but my core beliefs remain solid and I honor the Craft as the basis for my spiritual growth. Each of us come to the Craft for different reasons, and at different times in life, from my experiences with other wiccans/witches.

Classified.

Curandero, you have enough arcane knowledge tucked away to be Art's guest yourself one night.
It would be very very confusing for Art...
Know why ????
I have been told....
Yes...I have been told...
I sound just like J.C.Webster III, God's ..God's...10 Star General....in the fight against.....

Reactions: AwakeningBeast