9/08/2015 - Art Interviews Debbie Anderson

7Critter

Paranormal Trooper
Staff
Reaction score
upload_2015-9-8_6-30-57.png

Debbie-Anderson.jpg

Debbie Anderson is a Witch working in the Blue Star Tradition of Witchcraft. She has attained the Third Degree and is High Priestess of Keepers of the Rede Coven. Debbie was born and raised on Maui, Hawai’i and moved to the Washington DC area as a teenager. In the 1960s, along with so many others who were searching for life’s meaning, she was drawn to Witchcraft. In the 60s, Debbie was a political activist as well as a spiritual seeker.

In 1991, Debbie met Fred Buck, the founder and creative genius behind MagiCrafts Jewelers, the company that supplied hand woven pentacles and other metaphysical jewelry to the huge Neo-Pagan community. It was Fred who introduced Debbie to Blue Star Witchcraft, Neo-Paganism in the United States, and the many forms and shapes that Witchcraft took. Fred also introduced her to Art Bell, and they would fall asleep at night listening to his program.

The Pagan festival circuit attracted practitioners of all persuasions, and Debbie learned a great deal about the magical practices of those disparate groups and incorporated many different magical applications into her own practice. In the 24 years since Debbie has embraced the more formal Craft structure, pursuing not only the spiritual part of the Wiccan path, but also the practical, applied aspects of magic working and spell crafting. Debbie is a former officer of Covenant of the Goddess, an officer and member of the Louis Goaziou Lodge of Co-Freemasonry, Le Droit Humain, and a criminal defense attorney practicing in Washington DC. (from ArtBell.com)

Last edited:
Reactions: DoTell and Firek
Question for Art's Guest Debbie Anderson
Q 1. Do people choose a path in witch practice after much study of differing traditions...
Q 2. Or, is it more as traditional so to speak and path chosen is that to which you are born in to or your close first contact in a path is practicing ??
Q 3. Are any of your beliefs based in Theosophy ?
Q 4. Can you talk about the co-freemasonry with which you are involved ?

Update: Debbie Anderson answered many other questions during her live visit to MidnightFans. We thank Debbie for the visit, for the lengthy stay, and for the shoutout while on Art's show.

Let a visit to MidnightFans dot com prior to the radio show become a standard. Consider it Art's green room. Many thanks to Firek for contacting Art's guests.

Last edited:
The Blue Star Tradition is quite a bit different than my own tradition, and is one of the most "formalized" groups of witches. They are more dogmatic than most traditions and do not have a belief in solitary practice as a regular foundation, from what I remember. They are more "churchlike" in practice, i.e. certain formalities of practice are involved, unlike most covens. There is more hierarchy involved with Blue Star and "levels" of initiation, unlike those of us who practice the more ancient forms or practice as solitaries. ***Just a few observations off the top of my head without coffee"! lol***

Last edited:
I reached out to Deborah Anderson (at what I hope is a current email address) and shot her an invitation to the forums. I'm really interested in this one.

The Blue Star Tradition is quite a bit different than my own tradition, and is one of the most "formalized" groups of witches. They are more dogmatic than most traditions and do not have a belief in solitary practice as a regular foundation, from what I remember. They are more "churchlike" in practice, i.e. certain formalities of practice are involved, unlike most covens. There is more hierarchy involved with Blue Star and "levels" of initiation, unlike those of us who practice the more ancient forms or practice as solitaries. ***Just a few observations off the top of my head without coffee"! lol***
Please keep sharing. I'm interested in the things people believe and the ways they diverge. You normally only get to it from the perspective of "mainstream" religions though. You and Deborah both seem very knowledgeable about different ways to practice a similar sort of spirituality--does that sound like a fair way to put it?

I reached out to Deborah Anderson (at what I hope is a current email address) and shot her an invitation to the forums. I'm really interested in this one.

Please keep sharing. I'm interested in the things people believe and the ways they diverge. You normally only get to it from the perspective of "mainstream" religions though. You and Deborah both seem very knowledgeable about different ways to practice a similar sort of spirituality--does that sound like a fair way to put it?
Hello! And thank you for reaching out. I hope that everyone enjoys the show tonight/tomorrow. As you can see from my bio, I've been an Art Bell fan for a lot of years. This is a very exciting opportunity for me, and I hope something valuable for listeners.

Hello! And thank you for reaching out. I hope that everyone enjoys the show tonight/tomorrow. As you can see from my bio, I've been an Art Bell fan for a lot of years. This is a very exciting opportunity for me, and I hope something valuable for listeners.
Thank-you for your prompt response. Being unfamiliar with your work and practices I look forward to hearing specifics about your practice.

Hi, Debbie! Nice to meet you! Sorry,was away from screen there for a few. Please, do explain just a bit about Blue Star this evening, Deb. Life-long solitary here.

Firek, I think that's an excellent way to put it. We may have different ways to approach it, but I'm fairly sure our core beliefs are very similar. As I've said before, you ask 20 witches what they believe, and you'll get 20 different answers...but at the base of it lies core beliefs. I am not only interested in how Debbie practices the Craft, but how we may cross over in many of those very beliefs.