You're Grounded!

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score

WHAT GOT YOU GROUNDED AS A KID?
FOR HOW LONG?

We didn't get grounded. We got dad's belt.
Yikes!

I once got grounded at age 17 for something my sister should have been grounded for. My mom was unaware of sis's drinking issues. She was supposed to be at a church function, I found out she wasn't and where she was so I went and drug her butt outta Lake Michigan where she was swimming quite blasted. Now, this was a bit of a trip...and I had a 10 PM curfew. Because she was "drenched", I had her sneak in another door to change and get to bed, and there was mom at the door waiting for me! (I was responsible to get sis home, ya know. Which I did!) I didn't tell mom of sis's condition and got grounded for a week for being 15 minutes late.

Years later we told mom about the incident while we were both visiting her for the weekend. She turned to my sister (then about 40) and yelled "You're grounded! Go to bed!" And meant it! lol

Sigh...I'm only looking for groundings here folks.

Yikes!

I once got grounded at age 17 for something my sister should have been grounded for. My mom was unaware of sis's drinking issues. She was supposed to be at a church function, I found out she wasn't and where she was so I went and drug her butt outta Lake Michigan where she was swimming quite blasted. Now, this was a bit of a trip...and I had a 10 PM curfew. Because she was "drenched", I had her sneak in another door to change and get to bed, and there was mom at the door waiting for me! (I was responsible to get sis home, ya know. Which I did!) I didn't tell mom of sis's condition and got grounded for a week for being 15 minutes late.

Years later we told mom about the incident while we were both visiting her for the weekend. She turned to my sister (then about 40) and yelled "You're grounded! Go to bed!" And meant it! lol
You were a good sister.

Reactions: Benway
I have to say I don’t remember getting grounded. My parents were kind of hands off with discipline. They didn’t care what we did as long as we didn’t cause a problem. We came and went as we pleased pretty much.

Well, I'm from beltsville too. I do recall being sent to my room for stuff, but it was usually the belt. One reason why I discovered the "time out" chair when I had a little one. She would be sent to sit down and contemplate her transgression. The she would have to show that she understood why she was being punished. I have never understood how hitting someone taught them anything but violence.

Reactions: Benway and ozentity