You're Grounded!

I used to get grounded for hanging around the only open space we used to call the swamp. I'd always get busted from the mud on my clothes from there. It was a dangerous, polluted place which is now called Sydney Olympic park after they cleaned it up and held the Olympic games there. I know what lies underneath it, lol.

When I was in the Territorial Army, my friend Shaun and I got into collecting blank firing weapons, which were not as tightly controlled as they are now, back then.

We took a Dessert Eagle, PPK, Glock and an M16 out to the most remote place we could find one day to let some steam off, as well as an armoury's worth of ammo. However, some little old lady appeared from nowhere in her car, drove past us and reported the incident to the Police, giving them my number plate.

After a visit from an Armed Response Unit (I kid you not.....) upon my return home, which went down like a lead balloon with my parents, I was grounded for a week and I was made to sell all of my guns.

I was 19 at the time :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

WHAT GOT YOU GROUNDED AS A KID?
FOR HOW LONG?
My school grades...I was a bit of an under achiever at times. I blame the school system for that though. I was supposed to be left handed and they forced me to do everything right handed and I think it short circuited something in my brain.

It was my grades. Back in the early 80’s my mother grounded me for getting all D’s and F’s. She said she’ll let me know when I’m ungrounded, still haven’t heard.