Your Vacation Paranormal Experiences

Selectric

Tier-1 Mod
Reaction score
We all had some kind of paranormal experiences. Just because we are on vacation, does that mean those things wait till regular life starts back up? Nope lol. Love to hear your vacation tales of unexpected experiences that added to your time off. I have discussed a few times of my trip to England and my visit to Berry Pomeroy Castle. Getting there was an adventure in it's own. 15 mile trek through the english countryside eventually ending with cutting through someone's property to access road to castle. Once there, with camera at the ready, my batteries died lol. Oh hell no lol. I did not walk all this way without proof i was there. I kept flipping my batteries back and forth to be able to take the pics i did. Of course, climbing the wall of the closed site was an adventure in itself (shhh...surprised dumb Yank didn't get arrested lol). No harm no foul. I heard of places that have messed with devices before...that was my wake up to it. That was the only time i had brand new batteries die like that. It did not stop me from enjoying the moment, standing on foreign soil and soaking in the history around me.

I'll add this little experience from my trip to Wyoming. I have talked of this before, so sorry for repeating myself lol. When i arrived after the horrible flights from Philly to Denver then Denver to Jackson Hole, i was pretty wore out. I signed in at the desk of where i was staying and being told dinner was in a little bit, i went to my cabin to take a hot shower. The front screen door had one of those old springs that you could hear from a mile away lol. As i was in the shower, i heard that spring and what sounded like someone walking around my cabin. I called out multiple times, actually rather pissed that someone was in my cabin. Nobody responded. I finished my shower hastily and wrapped a towel around me to check the small two room cabin (bathroom and sleeping area). I checked my personal stuff to make sure nothing was touched or taken. Hey, new place, new people...you don't ever know right? Nothing was touched. I got dressed and went to the lodge before dinner was to be served. I went to the lodge manager, extremely nice guy btw, and told him what i heard. He had the same response i did and was furious that someone could have gone into my cabin. He assured me that nobody would've have done that, though he would question the employees regardless. I told him nothing was touched, so i eventually chalked it up to someone checking on me after my arrival. During my stay, i got to know a few of the employees and they were great people. One night after lodge closed, i stayed and chatted with the manager and he swapped some stories of being on the property alone. Perhaps 'something' payed me a visit that day. I guess i will never know. But my trust in the people working there strengthened after getting to know them.

Great stories! I have experienced hearing a door open and no one was there, but I wasn't on vacation; it was more like a premonition though I didn't know it at the time. I have shared this before, so won't again. :D
You can share as many times as you want Garnet :) I will read it as many times as you post :)

You can share as many times as you want Garnet :) I will read it as many times as you post :)
Well, if you insist! :) One time was when my then boyfriend was coming over. I was in the shower and distinctly heard him come up the front stairs (I lived in a very small house) open the door and come in. I had left the front door unlocked because he said he was coming right over. I even heard the bells jingle ( I had a string of bells on the front door handle.) I called to him that I would be out shortly. When I came out, there was nobody there. Five minutes he did show up, and replicated all of those sounds.

My vacation story. My mother, sister and two brothers and myself were staying at a hotel at the Jersey Shore. They had gone off and I came back to get something from our room. Our unit was way at the end, and there weren't any other people about. I unlocked the door, went and got whatever it was, and then for some reason came out and forgot to close and lock the door. I turned back and started for the door. And there, on the inner side of the open door, was a huge praying mantis. These insects have always made me uneasy, and I am not sure why. I froze. It turned it's head and looked right at me. I am aware that they can't harm people, but this thing terrified me. I couldn't move. I don't know how long we stayed there, staring at each other. But suddenly it was gone. To this day, I don't even like looking at pics of a praying mantis. I get this shaky feeling and feel slightly ill at the mere sight of one.

I never had any ill feeling about them. I have on random occasions come 'face to face' with them. I always got a feeling of wonder instead of bad. I have sat there with me and it staring at each other, even helped one move along as it climbed around on my house lol. Perhaps that one was not so wonderous and was up to no good.

I never had any ill feeling about them. I have on random occasions come 'face to face' with them. I always got a feeling of wonder instead of bad. I have sat there with me and it staring at each other, even helped one move along as it climbed around on my house lol. Perhaps that one was not so wonderous and was up to no good.
One reason that it frightened me was it looked so like an alien, turning its head like that. I know that they are harmless but I am still phobic about them.

Reactions: Lynne and Selectric
One reason that it frightened me was it looked so like an alien, turning its head like that. I know that they are harmless but I am still phobic about them.
Insects are supposed to be just meandering around the world, but if you look closely, they are fully aware of you. Makes you think a tad more.