Your favorite...

My favorite breeds of dogs are German Shepherds, followed by Labs. I think German Shepherds are all around dependable dogs, and are child friendly, for the most part. They make good seeing eye dogs, police dogs, etc. I like Labs because they are so beautiful and friendly.

If I were a dog, I would prefer to be a Wolf living in the tundras.
My two favs too!

Pets of both breeds have been good for me. And my two Lab mixes - one was Lab/Huskey and the other was Lab/St. Bernard - we’re incredible. Those mutts were huge (literally) furry cuddle bugs.

I hunt rabbits with whippets which are considered the dunces of the dog world, lol but they are very loving, crafty at the job and very game, even grabbing wild pigs if they come across them. I always thought of crossing one with a poodle, they would have great personalities and more brains so they don' t do silly stuff like thinking they are pig dogs, lol. I'd use a black poodle after talking to you,
We had a whippet when I was a kid. It decided my brother was it's human and he had it until it was about 14. It was not very smart, compared to a poodle, but we loved her. She was afraid of younger children and bit my 1 year old cousin once. We just put her in the crate when little kids were around after that.

We had a whippet when I was a kid. It decided my brother was it's human and he had it until it was about 14. It was not very smart, compared to a poodle, but we loved her. She was afraid of younger children and bit my 1 year old cousin once. We just put her in the crate when little kids were around after that.
Yeah they don't like being rough handled which toddlers are renowned for, lol. if mine play up a frown from me is like a knife to their heart, lol. I also crate mine when the grandkids are here (to protect the dogs, lol). When out bush they ignore rips from barbed wire or dangerous animals such as roos and pigs. They aren't ideal companions for young kids.

Last edited:
Never thought about what kind of dog i'd be lol but when my parents bought a dachshund, she is one crazy dog. Bred for hunting badgers and somehow really wants to talk to you. Hours of laughter when she tries to speak. For as low to the ground as they are, they have some big...lol

Never thought about what kind of dog i'd be lol but when my parents bought a dachshund, she is one crazy dog. Bred for hunting badgers and somehow really wants to talk to you. Hours of laughter when she tries to speak. For as low to the ground as they are, they have some big...lol
I saw a clip of two big pig hunting dogs bailing a huge boar in a small blackberry bush, all of a sudden this little dachshund charges in and gets stuck into the pig sending it charging out, incredible.

• Wow
Reactions: garnetsilver