Your favorite...

Poodles are retrievers, they are versatile hunting dogs, originally bread as retrievers which is why they have the heavy, curly coat. They are german hunting dogs. Only in the U.S. they are considered non working dogs and are not shown with the hunting dogs like they are in Germany. The myth of the "French Poodle" is the story that a french king wanted a tiny poodle to sit on his lap so someone bread him a tiny poodle. I don't know if it is true but it would have taken a couple of decades to get the dog as small as the miniature poodle is now, unless they mixed it with a small dog.

People use poodles as coursers, retrievers, pointers, they are used for tracking and can be used for herding as well. They also are smart enough to open doors and gates if you have certain kinds of handles on them. Except for the grooming they need they could be very good seeing eye dogs as they are protective of their owners. And during WW2 there was a program to train war dogs. Poodles were tested and they did everything except they would not attack a human unless the person was threatening their human. So, they used german shepherds and other big dogs.
I love poodles, I know a guy who breeds and works his poodles on game, they surprised me how tough and skillful they can be at hunting.

I love them all. Give me all the doggies lol. My faves are Pomeranians and golden retrievers. I must admit I have fallen in love with the smaller bully breeds like frencies and English.

I've had several Chi's and my favorite was my little chocolate long haired girl Gracie. She was the sweetest little girl. Not your "normal" yappy little one.
She would have been cute. I really like them, they like their comfort but they are very tough little dogs. I was talking about them to a Native American guy and he said they used to be semi wild originally, sort of like the dingo here.

Next part of the question....do any of you dress up your dogs? Have a wardrobe for them?

Never lol, It's my party and I'll cry if I want to. Not his style I reckon.

Attachments

• IMG_E0321.JPG
    IMG_E0321.JPG
    889.4 KB · Views: 57