Your favorite cookie or Xmas sweet

Was unwrapping Hershey's Kisses today to make Peanut Butter Blossoms. Lo and behold, Hershey's is now breaking off the tips before wrapping them! Kid you not.

View attachment 16377

The mystery of Hershey's Kisses missing tips

"Hershey representatives have been responding to the group's messages. At first, customer service told consumers it was deliberate so the pieces didn't fall off after production, but now, they say the company is looking into the cause."

A safety measure? Maybe some moron somewhere managed to stab himself with a piece of chocolate?

Reactions: Debi and Paintman
Roast parsnips at Christmas is a must, in a tray with the other roast veg and finished with a dribble of honey
Thanks for the tip.
Garnet thanks for the tip.
I get so smart hanging around with you dudes:)

Reactions: TonyM
Just got done. Came out super moist & yummy.

Also new this year, we are doing a goose. Never had goose before. Any suggestions on how to prepare it?
I've not done one, but have done Duck. I would guess to follow the same prep and cook directions as a roast duck?

I have finished my cookies. All 10 dozen. Divided them up for the different days of need, then handed out cookies in tupperware to the guys so they have their own cookie stash! lol

I'm cookied out for now.

Reactions: WitchAndShaman
I've not done one, but have done Duck. I would guess to follow the same prep and cook directions as a roast duck?

I read a recipe that said to grate lemon & lime zest, mix with spices & rub the goose. Then slice the rindless citrus & stuff in the cavity. So I’ll give this a go.

Reactions: Debi
Just got done. Came out super moist & yummy.

Also new this year, we are doing a goose. Never had goose before. Any suggestions on how to prepare it?

You get a surprising amount of grease off a goose, you might want to use a turkey-baster to drain off excess grease during cooking.

Reactions: Debi
You get a surprising amount of grease off a goose, you might want to use a turkey-baster to drain off excess grease during cooking.

I think that’s why I’m not a duck fan - tastes a little too fatty. I’d at least try goose but it would have to be pretty well “drained”.

I think that’s why I’m not a duck fan - tastes a little too fatty. I’d at least try goose but it would have to be pretty well “drained”.

They used to use goose grease for all sorts of things in the olden days. Before modern petrolatum-derived products were available, goose grease was the all-purpose grease. Axles, torches, hinges, all sorts of things. Add a dab of goose grease to a spoonful of salt, and you have some rough-and-ready antiseptic paste.

Reactions: 7Critter