Your favorite cookie or Xmas sweet

Debi

Owner/Admin
Staff
Reaction score
WHAT ARE SOME OF YOUR FAVORITE COOKIES OR CHRISTMAS SWEETS?

upload_2018-12-11_12-22-54.jpeg

Only since we got Ikea here which is a Swedish company they do Scandinavian foods. They sell tins of ginger thin biscuits which are awesome, sold all year round but to me a Christmassy thing. Oh and mince pies I love those, spiced fruit pastry pies usually sold in a pack of six. They can be eaten as is or warmed up in the oven and covered in cream, accompanied with mulled wine is Christmas heaven :)

Do you have mince pies in the US?

Only since we got Ikea here which is a Swedish company they do Scandinavian foods. They sell tins of ginger thin biscuits which are awesome, sold all year round but to me a Christmassy thing. Oh and mince pies I love those, spiced fruit pastry pies usually sold in a pack of six. They can be eaten as is or warmed up in the oven and covered in cream, accompanied with mulled wine is Christmas heaven :)

Do you have mince pies in the US?
We might, but never had one. Pecan and the dreaded pumpkin pie are the main pies here around Xmas.

I'm going to do two kinds of cookies, and two kinds of roll ups. Nut rolls and poppyseed! I so love them and haven't had them in a long time. The cookies will be Peanut Butter blossoms and several types of Kolochy.

M'm, mince pies! I haven't had one since I was a child! I've seen where to order them, but I don't recall seeing any in USA stores. As for my favorite cookies, I must say that Snickerdoodles top the list, and next to those, I love molasses spice cookies and Linzer Tortes. And let's not leave out the hot cocoa with real whipped cream!

I used to order a Dobosh Torte from the Swiss Colony catalog; the best torte ever. :)
Ad1-3-624x451.jpg

Last edited: